Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, and I look forward to collaborating to help get the best from the car and the group. Good to see a well organised forum in place. For info just bought a 31k miles 2013 Up! (Take Up I think). I did not get a manual. All fine except there is a shiny chrome coloured 'ball' on the LHS of the panel centre of dash. What on earth is this? Any clues? :) BR Ian

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi Ian,
Welcome to the forum, and your new Up! Plenty of help here if you need it, although manuals can be obtained from your local dealer or the usual places online (e.g. eBay) if you'd like. The exact model should be on the sticker at the front of your Service book if you want to be sure. If you can put the basic info in your signature, that would be really helpful for the future (saves the first response to any post being 'could you tell us what your model/year is?').
To clarify the location of your chrome 'ball', is this on the dash panel in front of the passenger seat, or on the left hand side of the central panel (with the radio and other controls)? If it's amongst the controls in the central panel, it sounds like the power/volume control for the radio. If it's in front of the passenger seat, I'm currently at a loss - nothing similar on my Move Up!, nor on any pictures of Take Up!s I've found online (e.g. https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202001246524208?make=VOLKSWAGEN&postcode=ch23bh&radius=1500&model=UP!&sort=relevance&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&advertising-location=at_cars&aggregatedTrim=Take up!&page=1) - any chance you could post a picture, please?

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
I reckon it is the remnants of a magnetic phone holder. , welcome to the forum

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello, and I look forward to collaborating to help get the best from the car and the group. Good to see a well organised forum in place. For info just bought a 31k miles 2013 Up! (Take Up I think). I did not get a manual. All fine except there is a shiny chrome coloured 'ball' on the LHS of the panel centre of dash. What on earth is this? Any clues? :) BR Ian
Thank you for the thoughts and the welcome. I had a look round and found some manuals pdfs and persuaded myself that this thing is not an original VW attachment. My suspicions: some sort of phone dash holder. I investigated further and it was stuck on and I could gently detach it. Photos attached. Thankfully it is gone now and no damage to fascia. Regards Ian M

·
Registered
207 Posts
Glad the problem was sorted so easily!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts