Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning Folks,

how you all doing. Just took delivery of a 2018 Seat Mii FR last week. (hopefully put pics up over weekend after I give it another wash).
After a lot of convincing, my wife finally accepted that there was no requirement for me to run a 'family' car for my infrequent car commute to work (I cycle most days).

So after many many years of loyalty to Vauxhall Astra's I downsized to the Mii and so far so good. Apart from my local Seat dealership..
I didn't buy the car from them, but having read a number of comments on here regarding the under bonnet soundproofing and mudflaps I thought I would go in and price / purchase the parts.
I was told that as my FR didn't come with the parts from the factory they can't supply them..but if I provide the reg of a Seat Mii that does have them I can order them against its reg no..
Anybody else heard of a dealership doing this?

Anyway, looking forward to chatting to folk on here and finding out what I can do to my Mii to make it more mine

Cheers

·
Registered
168 Posts
Re underbonnet soudproofing, I haven't read the thread(s) but if you know what year and variant had it from teh factory you could search with those filters on Autotrader to get a sample registration plate.

Re mudflaps, aren't these a dealer fit accessory available for all Mii's ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re underbonnet soudproofing, I haven't read the thread(s) but if you know what year and variant had it from teh factory you could search with those filters on Autotrader to get a sample registration plate.

Re mudflaps, aren't these a dealer fit accessory available for all Mii's ?
Thanks for the Autotrader filter trick I'll look into that.
In regards to mud flaps I thought that as well, they are mentioned in the accessories catalog. (so is an espresso machine..) but after leaving the dealership & driving home I was thinking are they just fobbing me off or is this some SEAT / VAG response if you want to add bits to your car..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The bonnet soundproofing for the up is
Part number V1S0 863 831 A
approx £40
Thanks for the response regarding the mudflaps, I've seen them online and because of the dealership response I'm just going to get them from seatpartsuk. My car is white & I'd like to keep it that way.
Any idea if the UP and Mii soundproofing the same shape? I was hoping they where, having seen folk on here fitting it to there UP's. I saw a few comments saying the VW parts where more expensive for the same parts on the Mii & Citigo so that was reason I went to garage and asked.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Fitted Citigo Muflaps to our Up! , much cheaper and were a perfect fit.

Reactions: Wayneofwolves

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
644 Posts
Welcome to the forum, keep at it, it will be worth it in the end. Dealers are crap unfortunately. They need leading, not asking. I had a carpark bump (I assume, found it later). Small crease and a dislodged arch liner. Dealer bodyshop wanted £900 to fix it with a new bumper. Smart repair, £650. I put it in for my end of warranty check and service, asked to see the tech, walked him through it, he popped it back in, secured the clip, which pulled the arch back into line. ZERO CHARGE 😁. Fixed price mudflaps are a waste of time for dealers, they can't make any money, so don't want to do them, simple. I fitted mine myself . . . .

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome to the forum, keep at it, it will be worth it in the end. Dealers are crap unfortunately. They need leading, not asking. I had a carpark bump (I assume, found it later). Small crease and a dislodged arch liner. Dealer bodyshop wanted £900 to fix it with a new bumper. Smart repair, £650. I put it in for my end of warranty check and service, asked to see the tech, walked him through it, he popped it back in, secured the clip, which pulled the arch back into line. ZERO CHARGE 😁. Fixed price mudflaps are a waste of time for dealers, they can't make any money, so don't want to do them, simple. I fitted mine myself . . . .
Hi there,

thanks for response. In regards to the mudflaps, i had planned to fit them and the soundproofing myself but when I got the B/s about ‘if its not on the car originally when can’t supply it’. Thats when I said ‘not even mudflaps?’
Ebay is getting hunted at moment for the first decent priced Up/Mii/Citigo set. White car in this crappy weather. 😢

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Weird. When I bought both my Gti, and the wife's Tsi (new, from a VW Dealer), they threw them in with the deal free. They fitted the ones on the Tsi, but wouldn't fit them on the Gti, as they said that fitting the front ones was impossible, due to the sideskirts. I fitted them (admittedly with a little cutting around the front ones to allow for the sideskirts).But the point being they are offered by VW as an option for the Up, and would fit them if someone didn't want to do it themselves.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Weird. When I bought both my Gti, and the wife's Tsi (new, from a VW Dealer), they threw them in with the deal free. They fitted the ones on the Tsi, but wouldn't fit them on the Gti, as they said that fitting the front ones was impossible, due to the sideskirts. I fitted them (admittedly with a little cutting around the front ones to allow for the sideskirts).But the point being they are offered by VW as an option for the Up, and would fit them if someone didn't want to do it themselves.
Hi there,

having read a number of threads on here I really thought it would be super simple, rock up at the dealership, ask if the parts where available, if so, pay for them and fit them myself.
it just seemed like they weren’t interested in my custom. Get me these bits and I would have been more likely to go back for services etc.
Their loss.
I’ll stick to asking questions on here and getting a great response from folk. 👍🏻

·
Registered
668 Posts
Hi there,

having read a number of threads on here I really thought it would be super simple, rock up at the dealership, ask if the parts where available, if so, pay for them and fit them myself.
it just seemed like they weren’t interested in my custom. Get me these bits and I would have been more likely to go back for services etc.
Their loss.
I’ll stick to asking questions on here and getting a great response from folk. 👍🏻
Hi, I assume by your username you are a Jambo. Haha. Well done on your promotion this season. Would be interesting to know the dealers name, possibly AC, but for all Arnold Clarks faults, this is a new one for me.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi, I assume by your username you are a Jambo. Haha. Well done on your promotion this season. Would be interesting to know the dealers name, possibly AC, but for all Arnold Clarks faults, this is a new one for me.
Hi there,
It was John Clark. Bought the car from AC and they were fine.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I feel your pain, but its worth the extra work. Try some ceramic coating, blocks the dirty, beads the rain and helps with rinsing 👍
Hi there,
last couple of cars I’ve had now I’ve been ceramic coating, really makes all the difference when you are washing them. One of the issues we have is that we stay only a couple of streets back from the beach. Give it a couple of days, especially when its been windy and you start to notice the dusty haze appearing on the car. Being that small the Mii takes half the time my old car took to clean...

·
Registered
191 Posts
If you go down the ceramic coating route it’s got to be Gtechnig did this A7 before Christmas the previous owner had more money than sense and never washed it in the time he had it so needed some love and attention

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hi, from a fellow Mii FR owner!
did you get an idea of the price and fit for the underbody soundproofing?
Im also looking for rear wheelarch liners if anyone knows of any.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts