·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
If you go down the ceramic coating route it’s got to be Gtechnig did this A7 before Christmas the previous owner had more money than sense and never washed it in the time he had it so needed some love and attention View attachment 6656 View attachment 6655
The coating makes all the difference for future washes. When it stops raining I'll get my wash again and take some pics, Only concern I have about the ceramic coating is my roof. My Mii is an FR in white with the side decals and a black roof. The decals and the roof (I presume that's a decal as well) are more of a matt / satin finish so not sure how they will take the coating. Any ideas & tips?

Cheers

·
Registered
185 Posts
The coating makes all the difference for future washes. When it stops raining I'll get my wash again and take some pics, Only concern I have about the ceramic coating is my roof. My Mii is an FR in white with the side decals and a black roof. The decals and the roof (I presume that's a decal as well) are more of a matt / satin finish so not sure how they will take the coating. Any ideas & tips?

Cheers
Great point wouldn’t think it would be a problem , but would drop a email to the company you use to see what they say

·
Registered
1,070 Posts

Cheers
Are you sure the roof is wrapped ? My Gti (and the Mrs' Tsi ) both have a black roof and they're painted.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Are you sure the roof is wrapped ? My Gti (and the Mrs' Tsi ) both have a black roof and they're painted.
Hi there,
I honestly don't know if its painted or wrap. (It's a 68 plate Mii that I bought 3 weeks ago). Every time I remember to go look, its bloody raining at the moment...

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Thought so.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi, I haven't read all the previous replies but I recently contacted my local parts dept' (Marshall in Letchworth and St Albans) for under bonnet soundproofing for my GTI, and after giving them the part number: 1S0 863 831 they just said they couldn't locate it :rolleyes:. So they've either stopped stocking them, the parts dept' are useless or they don't think its worth their while ordering in a relatively cheap part for me. Either way I now avoid wasting my time on them

·
Registered
29 Posts
Have you googled the part number?
Yes.
The parts dept' were my last port of call because I could only locate the part from European websites and I didn't fancy gambling with additional fees/delivery times etc because of Brexit. I thought the dealer could just add my order to their usual delivery from Europe, making it more efficient but I guess not.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts