Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi... My name is José i'm from Lisbon (Portugal) and going to replace my smart f2 cdi from 2009 probably by an white up!... when i get de deal done i will post some more news and info...

For those of you who already have up!'s how does it handle on the freeway?

Thank you.

Best regards.

José

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Hello from Scotland, great choice ...mind you I'm Biased ! lots of people on here have gone from a smart to an up! I think VW must be stealing loads of customers from smart/MB

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Do it José, you won't regret it. The up! Is a great all round car.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hi
José and welcome.

<div style="text-align: left;">Can't speak for anyone else but I think the up! handles really well on our motorways. It's never going to win awards for speed obviously but it's a smooth, surprisingly quiet ride, considering it's only a 3 cylinder engine. It's also very comfortable and handles 70-80mph with ease.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Welcome, Jose

I had a Smart ForTwo 700cc turbo. Fun little car, but the slow gearshift and bouncy ride were not good. The Up is much better on the motorway. The Smart was affected by sidewinds.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I also had a Smart before the EOS... Really looking forward to the UP! :)

·
Registered
525 Posts
Hi, José. I've had my up! for just three days but I can confirm that it is great on the motorway. You may have to drop a gear going uphill, especially if you're loaded, but when it's cruising it's quiet, comfortable and stable. I was trying to keep my speed down as its so new, but it did seem to want to go fast!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
Hi and welcome!

I dont find the power in the up any issue at any time, just occasionally need to drop down a gear, and Ive had mine for around 2 months now and done well over 1000 miles...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts