Up Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd say hello.

I drive a Scirocco but my parents are just placing an order for a Move Up!

Seems like a really good forum you've got here - I've already learnt some really useful stuff!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hey DeaconRoc.

You havea good choice there too! I myself was contemplating between a Scirocco and my current Up! Went in the end for the Up as of the great drive it provides, low price and low running costs. But I'm still considering the Scirocco as my next car since I think its one **** of a great one!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hello and welcome,

Only joined the forum this week, and am already really glad I did as there is some really friendly andknowledgeable people who are part of this community.

I too have coveted the Scirocco, but it's just not a practical car for me.. Nice car though!!

If you have any questions about the up! am sure people on here will be more than happy to help!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well orders placed and they collect it on Friday. 3 Door Move Up! in tornado red. Only extras were the premium mats and the 3 year service pack. I was very impressed with the ride - smoothed off the bumps and pot holes really well. Better than my lowered 'Rocco anyway!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quick picture of my 'rocco (the white one) and my friends at this years Gti Inters. Looking forwards to getting some pics with my parents car when it's here and they've both been detailed.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Jeff do you ever take it down the strip at Santa Pod?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I wondered if you had, what your 1/4 mile time was!

They put on Run What Ya Brung events, where you pay a minimal sign up fee (a tenner I think) and you can use the strip all day (obviously waiting your turn as you won't be the only one there
)

If you're into that sort of thing, there's a few dates left this year

Santa Pod Events Calendar

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have run it down the strip at gti a few times - best I got was a 5.67 0-60 and 14.443 1/4 mile.

Santa Pod's meant to be a lot grippier I belueve so would be interested to try it too.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Wanting to take the FR down to the pod to see what all 208 horses can do, missed the last one when when a few from Saetcupra.net were going down. Nice Roco and anthracite looking wheels look good

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Let me know if and when you go, might come watch

·
Registered
587 Posts
bugbabe34 said:
Let me know if and when you go, might come watch

For theentertainmentvalue?......It will be funny, I can forcast smoking wheels and the noise of a gearbox being crunched lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts