Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I'm New to this forum. I'm waiting for the delivery or my New up! Exciting! It's a black high up premium. For now I drive a Lupo 3L. I am from Southern Sweden.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Lupo GTi - one of the best cars I have owned. I think the UP Gt will be a close rival though.

Interesting to see that the middle 2 letters of L"UP"O is UP.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi there! My Lupo 3L is a Great car, it is the best ever. Now I'm looking forward to my brand New up! I hear it
is the new Lupo on the market!

·
Registered
532 Posts
I never had a lupo, but a simlar car a 1000cc fiat uno and 1.2 panda. The up is much better than both although I did enjoy our mark 2 panda.

The engine is great. Make sure you run it in gently and after 1500 miles it starts to loosen up and then you can enjoy revving the thing and enjoying the strange, but chirpy noise.

I used the same run in technique with the Uno and it did 205,000 miles with no engine problems.

·
Registered
619 Posts
ducatikid said:
I used the same run in technique with the Uno and it did 205,000 miles with no engine problems.

That's a huge number of miles and quite unique for a car with a small engine. What kind of maintenance regime did you employ? Did you stick to the manufacturer's schedule or did you, say, change the oil more frequently? Just interested...the Up may be a good candidate for long term ownership similar to the Uno.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I did the maintenance on the car after the warranty period. I used duckhams oil which works but seemed to be able to encourage some good sludge in the cam box cover. I stuck to the manufacturer's recommended servicing which could have been 6,000 miles. I used a genuine oil filter.

The uno fire engine was/is a cracking unit. Large cam lobes sat on top of the buckets shims ad valves easy to change the cam belt. I can oly remember changing two or three valve shims in that time. I was always careful with warming the engine up before revving it.

Modern oils are much better so a good modern engine should last really well.

Edited by: ducatikid

·
Registered
811 Posts
I had a 1984 Uno once. The engine might have lasted that long but the body certainly wouldn't. It crumbled before my eyes. Cars have come a long way since then

·
Registered
592 Posts
The Lupo GTi (not the standard Lupo), one of the best car I have owned by the way, was an all alloy body (except roof) - a little know fact. That and 125hp as standard made for a very exciting ride....and no rust problems.

·
Registered
532 Posts
That lupo is a collector's car now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts