Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Looking to buy my wife an up! I've always had Volkswagens so I wasn't to interested in the Skoda and Seat equivalents.

I've done quite a bit of research in terms of specs and how much they cost, how much optional extras are etc. The salesman was quite taken back that I knew the prices of everything already!

Joined because hopefully we will be getting one. Just wondering what kinds of deals people managed to negotiate on there?

I'm currently looking at a 5dr Move Up! in light blue, sensor pack, nav unit, mats with the 36 months Service pack. My wife does 95% town driving so I'm considering the BlueMotion but I'm still unsure if I will see any benefits. As it is the standard car has good figures for MPG anyway. But as fuel costs rise maybe when I come to sell up the BlueMotion variant might hold its value better?

·
Registered
811 Posts
One tip, a High Up in standard spec will probably work out cheaper per month than an optioned Move Up if you are going with the VW finance and comes with a lot more stuff and 75bhp engine.

That's exactly what I did.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I went for the high up because it worked out cheaper than the move up I had spec'd. They are amazing cars, I love mine to bits. :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am looking at the VW Finance option for the car.

I have been playing about with the configurations app on my phone and the Move up! worked out at £10,546 and the High up! worked out at £11,689.

As far as I can see in the High up! I will get the Nav included in the price of the car but the sensor pack would still be an extra. As would the fixed price warranty.

Just like to add I've never bought a brand new car or financed a car before. So I'm still working out the best ways to do thing.

·
Registered
811 Posts
The High Up has better residual value at the end of the contract, so the monthly payments will be about the same or maybe even a bit less.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hi Heartagram. I was going to go for the Black, but wanted a Bluemotion which you can't get on the Black, or White. I went for a High Up! BMT 5 door, as I spend most of my time stuck in traffic and was an absolute must for me. I've had mine 6 weeks now, and covered nearly 900 miles, but found that the Stop/Start is paying for itself. instead of being sat there in traffic with your engine idling and burning fuel, you can sit there saving it! The Stop/Start doesn't always work, because of battery charge level, outside temperature, electrical drain etc. This has only happened 4 times so far and has only been in the really cold weather we've had recently.
The Stop/Start works when the car is in neutral, with and without the handbrake, so on the flat you don't have to worry about applying it all the time.
I had a 61 plate 1.0 Toyota Yaris before this, and it's costing less to run and does more to a tank, and the Yaris had a bigger tank!
I'm getting about 400 - 420 miles to a tank currently, but the MPG is getting better all the time, as it's running in and the temperatures are rising.
I think that for £300 extra, it'll be worth it!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So if you have the stop/start option and the engine stops. What happens with the heaters and radio? I would assume they stay on otherwise it would quite annoying.

I like the idea of BlueMotion for economy as my current car is an M3 so that uses a lot of fuel, so whatever I can offset the better. I would imagine with fuel always going up the BlueMotion will always be worth more.

I am planning on going back to the dealership anyway to negotiate a deal. So will have a look at High up! prices.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hi Heartagram. Yes everything electrical still continues to work. If the battery gets low, the engine automatically re-starts again. To re-start it yourself, just press the clutch pedal down and it fires up immediately. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Only problem I have found with stop start is if air conditioning is on and engine stopped it can cause windows to mist up and it's not easy to clear them

·
Registered
393 Posts
spud said:
Only problem I have found with stop start is if air conditioning is on and engine stopped it can cause windows to mist up and it's not easy to clear them
Hi Spud. I haven't used the air con yet so I'll keep my eye out when the weather starts to warm up a bit. LOL

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All interesting stuff to know. Thank you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts