Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new on here. Ordered my Red Take Up! on Saturday so expecting delivery at the end of June. Very excited - first ever brand new car (I'm 46 so I've waited a while!). My partner is really concerned about motorway driving though - he thinks it won't have the power that I like (!) - just wondered what everyone thinks. I've gone for the basic spec (so 60ps) and just had the maps & more extra.

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,
I picked up my red Take Up! on Friday and we drove into London on Sunday. I can honestly say it was just as happy on the M11 overtaking at 80 mph as it was sitting in traffic in Kensington. My husband, who drives a 2.0 Audi A3 Sportback, was very impresed with it and didn't get frustrated at all, so that's a real testiment to the little VW :)

I also went for the basic spec and it's my first car too...

xx

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello! I do 40 miles daily on the M3 in my Move Up! (Basic engine) and I have no problems doing 70mph and over (not sure I'd want to do over 85 though, but that's my wimpiness). She handles it just fine. My husband was also impressed - he drives a 2 litre tank *cough* sorry, Rover 25, and he has no problems in my Up!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I hope you avoided the "Chris Huhne" camera in the 50mph limit near the end of the M11

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone - that's made me feel a little better. I think I'll only have it a couple of days before a trip from Derbyshire to Wembley to see Robbie so I guess I'll see what it can do then!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
AGE1950 said:
I hope you avoided the "Chris Huhne" camera in the 50mph limit near the end of the M11
I gave it a little wave as I drove by

And did I say 80? I meant 70.......just a typo, Officer, honest!

·
Registered
811 Posts
moley1973 said:
Thanks everyone - that's made me feel a little better. I think I'll only have it a couple of days before a trip from Derbyshire to Wembley to see Robbie so I guess I'll see what it can do then!!

I've done the Derbyshire to London trip in my Up at a steady errrr.... 70mph (ish), honest. It will sit in the outside lane with the big boys easily and feels completely at home on the M1. You'll get 50mpg plus at the same time as well.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Actually, that's a fair point. I get a lot more respect in my Up! Driving in the outside lane than I ever did in my Fiesta... Not as many idiots up my trumpet flashing for me to get out of the way.

And she owns that road too. On the M3 if you prance about on the inside or middle lanes you're likely to get squished, so I tend to stick to the outside lane and the Move Up handles it brilliantly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So now I'm even more excited about getting it - now I know I can still use the outside lane at a comfortable 70 (ish!). Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, and welcome! I picked up our High Up! Last week and love it! I was also worried about the potential low power but it's fine as long as you ignore the indication for gear changing!! It tells you to change to 5th at about 30mph which is nuts even though people on here say it will give the best mpg. I drove it for the first few days adhering to the gear change indicator and I hated it, after reading the comments on here I decided to drive the way I wanted to and it has been much more fun! The Up! is fine at 70mph and very stable on dual carriageways. Hope you love yours when it's delivered!

Jane

1 - 11 of 11 Posts