Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Picked up my brand new move up! a few days ago and I absolutely love it! Move on from the fox and VW have done some good stuff between them...

so just thought I'd say hi :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
C3Pup! said:
Hello,

Picked up my brand new move up! a few days ago and I absolutely love it! Move on from the fox and VW have done some good stuff between them...

so just thought I'd say hi :)
Hi!
Welcome to the club!

I did not know that the Fox was sold in England!
I'm paying a VW savings plan for the family version of the Fox, which here is called Suran.
In June when have confirmed that the UP! it began selling in Argentina, I sold the car I had, to bid the VW savings plan, but had left awarded by lottery, and I picked up my UP on August 8.

How is the change from the Fox to the UP!?
What differences do You found?

The Mercosur version of the UP is 6 centimeters longer than the european version (and 2 cm higher from earth), and when I compared the mesurements from the UP to the Fox, if found the space for the passengers and driver of the UP can be larger than the Fox. I'm Right?

Regards

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks,

Yeah the fox was sold in England for around 5 years, replacing the Lupo and then replaced by the Up! I loved my fox but the up! is even better. It's a much smoother drive and a lot quieter. I think that the power is similar although the fox was a 1.4, the fox has more of a pull up hills but other than that the up! has the advantage. That might change though as I've only done a couple hundred of miles so far.

Size wise the up! feels more spacious for the drive. I'm quite short and had to be sat really close to the steering wheel in the fox to reach the pedals, I'm further back in the up and the steering wheel also goes further into the dashboard. Size wise technically the fox is bigger by about 6 inches length ways, but it did have a bigger bonnet, I think the inside is around the same.The up! is slightly lower height wise, the width is about the same.

·
Registered
164 Posts
C3Pup! said:
Thanks,

Yeah the fox was sold in England for around 5 years, replacing the Lupo and then replaced by the Up! I loved my fox but the up! is even better. It's a much smoother drive and a lot quieter. I think that the power is similar although the fox was a 1.4, the fox has more of a pull up hills but other than that the up! has the advantage. That might change though as I've only done a couple hundred of miles so far.

Size wise the up! feels more spacious for the drive. I'm quite short and had to be sat really close to the steering wheel in the fox to reach the pedals, I'm further back in the up and the steering wheel also goes further into the dashboard. Size wise technically the fox is bigger by about 6 inches length ways, but it did have a bigger bonnet, I think the inside is around the same.The up! is slightly lower height wise, the width is about the same.
Yes, the Fox has a longer "nose", but in the horizontal measures of the interior, I don't found difference.

Enjoy your UP!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love the Lupo's, lovely little car!

My Up! is a very standard choice, 3door dark silver, the only extra I got was mats! I'm looking to get a parrot for it in a few months and wire that in, tried to hide all the wires from my satnav when I got it though and the panels are solid! Nothing is getting behind them so I'll see how far I get with that.

·
Registered
164 Posts
C3Pup! said:
I love the Lupo's, lovely little car!

My Up! is a very standard choice, 3door dark silver, the only extra I got was mats! I'm looking to get a parrot for it in a few months and wire that in, tried to hide all the wires from my satnav when I got it though and the panels are solid! Nothing is getting behind them so I'll see how far I get with that.
If You want to use Maps&More, here You have a guide:

http://www.upownersclub.co.uk/forum/retrofitting-maps-more-solved_topic1041.html

I have a Garmin Nüvi 1300 from other vehicle I has in the past.
<div id="gt-res-"><div id="gt-res-wrap"><div id="gt-res-" ="almost_half_cell"><div dir="ltr" style="zoom:1">But the support has is sucker-type for the windshield, but I'm in doubt with that place holder, because according to the manual, we should not put anything in theof expansion area of airbags.

Regards

·
Registered
164 Posts
C3Pup! said:
Thanks,

Hello there!

I forgot to ask:

The Fox you had, where it was made?

Regards

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I recently brought a brand new garmin nuvi (before I knew I was getting an up!) with the sucker on the windscreen so that's where I've got it at the moment, wasn't aware it shouldn't be there :S

I'm not 100% certain on the Fox but I'm pretty sure it's made in Brazil.

·
Super Moderator
1,051 Posts
Hello and welcome!

Glad to hear of another happy Up! owner, I've had mine since February and loving it so far. I also have a Lupo that I've owned for 11 years and I'm never selling!

Yes, the Fox was made in Brazil, and if I'm honest, I never really liked it! My cousin had a 1.4 Urban Fox as his first car, he was happy enough. Only memory of a Fox I have is nearly dying in one trying to overtake someone once!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I loved my fox! It was a nippy little thing. I didn't have that much of a problem overtaking as long as I didn't over do it. Obviously it's not that powerful but it did have a kick. Only problem I ever had was with the coils, if one of them went then the car wouldn't go as there is only 3, I did break down in the middle of a dual carriageway with that little glitch!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts