Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, name is Ian, based in Olney, Bucks, just ordered my Up White yesterda !!!!. Got lucky, some had been declined on finance and the car became available, currently on a ship somewhere !!!!!! expected delivery 2 weeks. Cant wait. Coming out of an Aygo, been a great car but the Up has moved the goalposts big time !

·
Registered
677 Posts
HELLO !!!!

Welcome to the forum!

A spot of luck getting your car, you'll have it sooner than some of us who ordered yonks ago! I've sat in the Black Up and its a beauty, the white one will be better tho (I've ordered a High White up so I have to say that :D)

Lots and lots of piccys when you get your car :D

·
294 Posts
Hi Ian, welcome and Hello!
Sorry I've been online past few days but must have missed your post, two weeks is good, timed that one right walking into the dealers when you did

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hello and welcome. Great choice of car - ordered the same car but as yet no build date. Would love to see some pics when you get it!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hooray !!!!! nice to feel welcomed. Yes, indeed, i didn,t even go to the dealership. I work in the motortrade and had had a quote from a friend of mine at Wayside Milton keynes. Just thought i,d compare with VW Northampton and ............... well, the guy was either very switched on or i was very lucky. Literally minutes before, the deal had been declined. The chassis number had already been allocated to the customer, so all they had to do was change the name to the chassis number rather than putting it back in the pond so to speak. They also did a better deal !!!, Spoke to the sales guy yesterday and it should be about ten days now.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
car has arrived!!!!!!! been christened, KN12 PYP, so its a she, and has been named PIP !!. All paperwork completed, picking her up Monday morning, cant wait !!!!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Woohoo another soon to be owner
Lots of nice pics please!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well, 48 hours of ownership and so far so good. Getting my head round the mats and mates thingy !!. pretty cool watching the dials move around and optimising gear changing, very clever !!. My only gripe so far is, VW should supply a little bag to keep the screen save when your not using it. Apart from that, the car feels substantial, solid and very cool. The doors shut with a thump. So does the boot. Going to polish her at the weekend. Will try to put some pics up.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
yes take some pictures, and also keep us upto date with any issues you find and the fun bits too! :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
will take some pics on Thursday, today, Wednesday, having fun with the maps and mates feature, Car Info, it tells me when to change gear for max efficiency and i was getting today........63 mpg !!!!!!!!!!. On a new engine, very happy with that. I can see this feature becoming a game. How high can i make this number !!!! ????.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
hahaha!! i think we'll all be playing the "how high can we make this number" game soon as we get ours! glad youre really enjoying your new up! :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
got her up to 68 mpg today !!!!!!!!!!!! this is going to become obsesive !! pics to follow, promise, need to give her a coat of autoglym first....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts