Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all my names mark and we have just ordered our Up take up, didnt get the car we really wanted but didnt want the LONG wait for a factory ordered car so went for what was available. ordered on 9-11-12 and collect on tuesday the 13-11-12. Take UP with maps and more in white.
Reason we chose the take up is due to wanting to mod it

Plans are lowered, porsche wheels or maybe bently rims, colour coding, retro fit remote cl, EW, and interior retrim in interlagos trim in centre sections of seats. also fit the high gloss white dash insert. then next year a GT front bumper, no doubt more bits n bobs as i go.

have owned a fair few VWs over the years and cant help but mod them lol, currently these are my babys.

built from a bare shell with 90% new parts

My white GTI (was used on the recent autotrader TV advert) looks a little different now and still need to get the horrid wheels off, but my split rims are on the back burner.

Also have another mk1 cab and a couple of audi A2s but they are just stock lol

·
Registered
587 Posts
Welcome to the forum and the Take Up! massive
. Did you have to pay the extra £200 for white that VW now charge? Or did you get one built prior to the price increase? Just ordered a BMW 116i Se in Alpine white and they don't charge for it Grrrr.

Look forward to seeing the mods, Maps & More is great just the speakers are a must to change to make the most of the media player. Interesting to see how you get on changing the dash insert as well? That will make a really useful "How to" guide.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea i had to pay the £200, i even had a row with vw head office as its still showing a no cost option on vw web page!!! buggers!!
Got 3 years free servicing so swings and roundabouts i guess.

I have my brother in law on the case as he works a TPS so getting the details for the dash parts today (if he remembers....) worst case ill remove and smooth the insert and get it painted along with the other bits.

·
Registered
587 Posts
VW are charging £200 for white on the Golf as well now, really sneeky IMO as red is still free!!

Service free does offset it, I managed a £640 discount which meant I got Maps & more and Comfort pack free. At the time the service pack was £150 which I paid full up for.

It will be really interesting to know how easy it is to actually remove the dash panel. I bet a new one will be around £100-£150.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Grrrrr, dash insert only comes with dash.....£350 ish still might get one and flog the other for a crash damage car.

·
Registered
587 Posts
funk-star said:
Grrrrr, dash insert only comes with dash.....£350 ish still might get one and flog the other for a crash damage car.

Ridiculous, on the car it looks like it will just pull off unless glued on in the factory?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts