Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I really want to buy an UP! I currently have a 03 plate 2.0 beetle which is just too expensive to run (£380 tax, £500 insurance). So I had decided upon a high up. My beetle is an automatic so firstly I hear the up auto is not very good? Would I be better with a manual? Any reviews from anyone would be great??...
Also, does anyone know when the GT is available? I hear different stories, but that all the UPs will be updated too with the slightly longer nose? Hence it would accommodate a decent auto? I'm looking for help and clarification really? And any ideas if it will be available on tax/insurance of a GT ?
Sorry for a load of questions, it's just I don't want to buy one and then wish I'd waited slightly longer. But I don't know if I can wait, I really want one!! Thanks in advance for any response x

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Hey, I drive the auto and love it! If I was buying a second up! It would be manual so then I have both lol as for the gt no one really knows! So many of us are so keen on it and always looking for new info but nothing happened as of yet

Your best bet is to have a good look over the forum there are plenty of reviews both good and bad about both manual and auto! And maybe test drive what you can try both versions go to different dealerships and try different ones

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi NDG,

The new up! model year 2014 started around 15th-20th April in Germany ...
Tinded back windows available for Move up! and High up!, two new "sport packs" (with black headliner inside) and other small changes.

No big change (nose). As the up! is designed as a city car and the Polo is only about 1.5 feet longer, I think the nose won't be changed???

Beevee also has an auto (will surely tell more himself) and he loves it.
I have always has manual cars, so my decision was clear ...

Germany surely can't be compared to the UK. But the insurance for my new high up! will be cheaper than for my old Lupo!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks so much for your replies. My dad was an expert on the whole vw thing, he was a great fan but sadly passed away so I appreciate your lovely help thank you. I will def test drive both. I'm not against a manual, I have a manual licence but I've not driven one since my moms ancient polo that she had in 1986 and that was about 10 years ago when I first learnt to drive! I guess they've come a bit since then?! I've kind of already chosen a high up with sports pack and sunroof (in my head) I just want to be certain. Thanks x

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi NDG, I have owned the ASG manual for a while now and can say it works a treat. My advice would be this, if you are a demanding driver ie you like to have absolute full control of a situation, like nipping into every single space in fast moving traffic, use every second to take advantage ofevery open opportunity then i'd you should absolutely get the manual.If you are a laid back driver and / or drive many miles for something like 3 hours or more at a time ( like me ) then i'd say get the ASG automatic.

I think itdepends on which type of person you are really. Now here is a spanner in the works, if you want to be BOTH types of people and can't make up your mind, then you will have fallen into VW's marketing trap and will be forced to by a POLO with the DSG gearbox. I have access to one every day and man i love that car. Costs a **** of a lot more though !!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts