Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all!

I got my up! today. I love it but, the AC/blower...or clutch/brake???? makes a 'click' 'click' 'click' noise. Its very random and happens only when driving (that I know of. Its only happened about 4 times.

Is this normal???? I think its the AC/blower but I am really unsure!

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
It could be numerous things. If it was the AC blower it would vary consistently with the blower speed? If it does, it's likely a sticker or debris within the blower.

However, as the car is so new, it needs to be taken back to the dealership, regardless how easy it may be (or not be) to fix/repair.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies!

My problem has got a little worse and I am more worried than before. The clutch makes an really rattle noise when stationary or pulling away! I am going to take the car to the dealer tomorrow.

The clutch/gears sound as if a bag of old nuts is swishing around in the gear box.

I ain't too happy as I have only had the car for 36 hours!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have called the dealer this morning. They asked me to drop the car off first thing on Monday morning. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Good luck, I hope it's not serious.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, I'm new to the club. Just thought i'd write to say that even though i'm really happy with my High Up, i have had a number of problems with it...
The first was with the "maps and more" system, after a long fiddely way of importing contacts, i have to "jiggle" the mounting unit every time i want to use it, otherwise the phone doesn't work

second was problems getting into reverse/ clunking noise.... it doesn't happen every time, so just keeping an eye out

Third (and most annyingly) was my handbreak light came on and started beeping.... I was doing 60 mph on a motorway when this happened, so know the handbreak was not on.... It went to the dealers on Thurs, and they know there is a problem, but can't find the wire which is causing the problem, hopefully my Up will be back tomorrow (monday!)

Just wondering if anyone else has had these sorts of problems, or is it just my bad luck (had a new fox, and that had problems too!)

Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
I thought i had a problem with the M&M but it needs a little more push until you hear a click.
I hear a click on my up too but i observed that it comes when i push the brake pedal. I think it's something electrical and not a problem.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Could you leave the stalk in place Clara and just keep removing the actual M&M? My stalk hasn't been removed since I got the car

·
Registered
277 Posts
When I picked my up! up on saturday one of the things that my salesman mentioned was to make sure both sides of the mount are clicked in place, as they had a few people come back with M & M issues and this was the cause.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Clara

I would go back to VW and ask for a new Maps & More system and stalk. You could have a faulty unit?!

One thing may be the angle that the screen faces you. I find if mine is facing too far to the right of left it disconnects (rarely)

Let us know how you get on with the handbrake issue :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have noticed this too.

It doenst seem to do it "to order" it happens at all sorts of times.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Right.... I have collected my up . The service department has looked at the car and they believe that there is nothing wrong with the car. The technician admitted there is a rattle but assured me the car was in 110% A+ condition. I stood my ground and said I wasn't happy. I pointed out when I test drove the car I wouldn't have bought it! They have asked me to drive the car for a few days and see if this changes
anything. They have asked me to keep a mental note of when the noise appears!

The service department is calling VW technical department to see if anything else has been reported. I should hold hear from them tomorrow. I have got the 30 day exchange deal with listers

To be honest.... If it hasn't improved or isn't better by Friday morning I am going to "pull the rip cord" and and just go get another car!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am off to look at an Toyota IQ later today.

My "gearbox" noise hasnt got any better in my up!, I am going to see if the IQ is for me....

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Maybe the Aston Martin Cygnett is what you need

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
If you have to ask...........

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
£31k. ....ouch!