Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the boys in Bratislava have fitted my Pure white Up! with a Candy white filler flap!

Can anyone with an UP! white check to see if theirs is like mine ie two different shades of white or am I being paranoid as the filler flap is plastic and the car metal

here is a pic

New Car Paranoia!!! if it is wrong, I suppose it is easily remedied

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Trust you to notice something like that!

Be interesting to hear the outcome of your research

·
Registered
587 Posts
Often you will get slight colour differences between painted plastic and painted metal parts. White seems to show it up more. On my Leon my bumpers look very slightly different in colour to the body but only under certain lighting conditions. I am sure others with a white up! will confirm this, from the picture it looks the same to me TBH

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Jezyg

·
Registered
532 Posts
Think positive. It's plastic therefore light and it won't rust. If It worries you get some nice new carbon fibre flaps made. I might buy one!

·
Registered
727 Posts
Slap a decal on it, no one will be the wiser..

They're easy to apply.. and looks Great!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
I cant see the colour difference myself from the picture, but it could be the picture. maybe someone else with a white up could shed some light?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Yup I would agree with that, my pepper white cap is a slighty different shade to the body.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A layer of muck and it'll be the same!

·
Registered
315 Posts
You often see this on painted plastic vs painted metal. Often bumpers are a sligtly different shade - the paint used on plastic is different to that used on metal.

We get ours tomorrow and will let you know what it looks like as it is white too.

·
Registered
315 Posts
VWXYZ said:
You often see this on painted plastic vs painted metal. Often bumpers are a sligtly different shade - the paint used on plastic is different to that used on metal.

We get ours tomorrow and will let you know what it looks like as it is white too.

On the other hand they may well have mixed the 2 white shades up - not sure how you check that out without seeing another White up!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Are you sure the flap isn't Pure white and they've painted the car in Polar white?

Joking aside, when I looked at an up! White at a dealers a couple of months back the two whites looked obviously different - more so than your picture suggests. Also, I seem to remember the dash is Polar white rather than Pure white, so you could double-check it that way too.

·
Registered
587 Posts
AT least they ill not of got the colours mixed up as the same VW Candy white is also used on the Mii and Citigo to keep production cost's down. I suspect it is just the light and that the filler cap is a different material and will use a different undercoat which can change the colour ever so slightly.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
In the susnshine today, the difference is very much less noticable , I'm sure it was just a case of new car nerves

ps, arrived at work, 32 miles, mainly dual carriageway and motorway...cruise on 60 ish

69.7mpg WOW!!!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
That makes me even more interested in seeing what the BlueMotion I'm getting will achieve

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Blooming heck, my foot must be heavier than I thought. I'm usually on high 50's, but there again on much shorter journeys.

Glad you had a nice sunny jaunt this morning

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the cruise control really helps boost mpg enormously....

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Nice MPG... Cruise control normally improves the MPG as it's more consistent on the throttle...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts