Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help...

Right so I went on the laptop and purchased the offer on the updated maps. I plugged it in and clicked the download button. So today I put it back in my car and it reminds me my time is nearly up on the offer. Does that mean it has or has not downloaded it? How do I check? I did Q3 2014.

Also the manual says the screen saver shows date, time and outside temp. How do I even get to the screensaver?? I just don't get it. Cadfael I need your help?!!!! You've done stuff to customise yours I want to but I don't understand!! Thanks

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
You have it nearly a month now???

You got a box with your M&M and in the box was a voucher ...
In this voucher were codes for cheaper updates.
The 80% off price for the 2 years map update is only valid for 30 days after first initializing.

Q3 should be July-September?
Q4 should come in October ...

If you haven't bought the 16GBP update yet but want to - hurry! Afterwards it is 80GBP ...

Edited by: Cadfael

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I'm a bit slow, doing major decorating so don't have much time to play with it.

Well I have bought it, my money is out of my account and I thought I had downloaded it but then it reminds me when I put it on my car. Hmm

·
Registered
397 Posts
Updating my Maps&More is the ONLY thing I have had any significant problem with on my Up! Right from new, I couldn't buy the update at £16, and since then I've read enough on this website to keep well away from any attempt to update the system.
We've had the car 18 months now and apart from a couple of 'missing' roundabouts on Maps&More it has served us well ... so I don't think I'll ever attempt an update.
Our local VW dealer has been fine but when it comes to M&M their main guy (who used to sell SatNavs in a local branch of a major car accessory chain) says M&M is not a VW product but is bought-in by VW from Navigon so that's where I must go.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
So, you didn't pay it online via paypal etc. but via bank account?
It surely takes a few days until booking ...

When you connect your M&M to your computer and have FRESH on, there will be / is the date until your update is valid. When I go to "Download Maps & Services", my FRESH shows me: "Valid until 2016-06-19" (maybe a different text in English?)

Connect your M&M to FRESH. Maybe it now shows "2016-09-29" now and the message will disappear afterwards when you connect M&M to your car.

·
Registered
252 Posts
All the updated maps will not fit on the unit together.

If you have not had to deselect any countries then you are not running with the latest maps on the device.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts