Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes its true smashed front passenger side lamp only the outside plastic smashed any links for a replacement as don't fancy forking out for a whole new passenger light unit when i can see there is plastic cover replacements for other vw on ebay but unable to find a up variant seen that the citgo and mii don't fit

·
Registered
304 Posts
Hi there,
Pigeons always have terrible timing; thank goodness it was only the light fitting. I've had a look at the Workshop Manual and ETKA. The outer plastic cover doesn't have a separate part number, which means it almost certainly isn't available separately, nor are there any instructions in the Manual about how to remove/replace it. Looking at your photo, I think some of the internal reflectors were damaged as well, so I'm afraid this will be a whole-fitting replacement, not a single part job.

Assuming yours is pre-2017, the part number is 1S1 941 015 M; this is the left headlight with black trim for right-hand drive models. If you have chrome trim, it's 1S1 941 015 N.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thankyou all for the help will be good fun now trying to fit a new one next week :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Bad luck (and a big Pigeon !) I was going to say, if you put the unit in a heat box, you can then split the lamp with a Stanley knife, its what the headlamp modifiers do. However, you need to buy a donor unit......er DOH !! :unsure:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
all fixed now got 2nd hand one of ebay sadly when fitting snapped the indicator cables out of the plug but ended up heat shrinking the cables of the new lamp cut cables as the donar one luckily had all the plugs bulbs and some wires so they were cut and heatshrinked them and just using that got away quite lucky as i learnt next time take the bumper of for more space?‍♂?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Well done, glad to hear its all sorted. Nearest I came was this, 90mph, Germany 2017, my old TR4, headlamp was glass, didn't blow. Found the rest of it all up inside the engine bay, I was cleaning out bit for months afterwards?‍♂? ..........

1 - 10 of 10 Posts