Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Very nice!

I keep thinking I should have had that colour. Couldn't decided between that and white.

Enjoy

·
Registered
448 Posts
Worth the wait then! Looks really nice. Enjoy.

Go well.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just back in after visiting friends - that 90 miles done in the wee pet! Very pleased with the car. Engine is quite smooth and not particularly noisy. Handles quite well. Gearbox rations nicely spaced. Pleased with our choice.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Run you Up in for about a 1000 miles...a old concept I know....but in my experience it really does pay dividends.Our Up ,now with about 3500 miles, is so much more responsive and smoother than when it was Brand new.

Go well.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Night Owl. I am originally an engineer. Old fashioned ways - I will be getting an oil and filter change at about 1230 miles. Last car I had garage said it wasn't necessary to which I replied 'I am the paying customer - right'

·
Registered
251 Posts
Nice colour combo, I love light interiors, but those seats are going to need regular cleaning :)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just been back out in it. I am amazed at how smooth it is to drive. My wife has already worked out a way of protecting the seat - especially the driver's which will get more use as it will be mainly one up until I retire. She is making a matching cushion cover for the drivers seat for a very thin cushion. Travelling rug already in palce on back seat for grandchildren. In three hours driving, yesterday and today we have not seen another Up - did not think we were going to that exclusive!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Like Scrubnut, I was torn between tungsten silver and white, opting for white in the end, due to the difference in delivery dates.

If I'd have had time on my side, I'd have waited to have an Up! built to my own specification, opting for the polka/beech upholstery, since the colour is a welcome change to usual option of various shades of anthracite.

Still, it looks very nice. Edited by: Miserable Git

1 - 12 of 12 Posts