Up Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At last, my baby's finally arrived at VW in Leeds and I'm seeing him for the first time after work tomorrow

Can't bring him home till Monday though as he's got to be checked over, bathed, dried, powdered, primped and preened. I've asked them to pay particular attention to the sunroof when he's being valeted, just to keep an eye out for leaks, wet patches etc.

I'M SO EXCITED YAAAAAAAY

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Can't wait to see your baby blue ....told mrs privatedoc about your colour and she seems keen too. 2 up family?

Congrats!

·
Registered
215 Posts
so pleased for you
still gutted you lot will all be collecting your cars and mine now a very long way off again thanks to the muppets who built it

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks privatedoc. I'll have to try and get some pics in decent weather next to a white car to really show off the difference. Ooh I'm just so giddy right now

2 up!s, that would be really good, what a lucky mrs privatedoc (that's assuming you'd be buying it for her?)

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Who else? She runs the show down here on the farm!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
littleredcar said:
so pleased for you
still gutted you lot will all be collecting your cars and mine now a very long way off again thanks to the muppets who built it

So sorry littleredcar, I feel totally gutted for you too so apologies for rubbing salt in the wound. I sincerely hope they put you on some kind of priority list after making such a mess of things.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I bet you take pics whilst your there. Dont forget to post them. I cant wait to see the colour in some more pics.

·
Registered
727 Posts
clowesa said:
I've asked them to pay particular attention to the sunroof when he's being valeted, just to keep an eye out for leaks, wet patches etc.
You'll love the sunroof, open it up on the open road and you get the top down feeling without the turbulence..!!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bugbabe34 said:
I bet you take pics whilst your there. Dont forget to post them. I cant wait to see the colour in some more pics.

I shall be doing my very best impression of David Bailey/Lord Lichfield
. I will try and get some pics of it parked next to a white car though because based on all the pics Violet's posted, and her description of the colour, it'll probably be the only way to tell it's actually blue.

So folks, be prepared for lots of pics of my up! taken at the very picturesque..............Tesco car park in Seacroft

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
vwild1 said:
clowesa said:
I've asked them to pay particular attention to the sunroof when he's being valeted, just to keep an eye out for leaks, wet patches etc.
You'll love the sunroof, open it up on the open road and you get the top down feeling without the turbulence..!!

Yes, I must admit I'm looking forward to trying it out. That's if we ever get any decent weather again. The forecast for the next few days at least is pretty awful!!

So, I was also thinking about this the other day. Is it just me or do manufacturers not produce many models with sunroofs these days?

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Used to be either/or air on/sunroof on small cars but as a/c has percolated down to even the cheapest of cars now, sunroofs seem to be pricey extras....go figure???

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Oops, mean air CON

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Privatedoc said:
Used to be either/or air on/sunroof on small cars but as a/c has percolated down to even the cheapest of cars now, sunroofs seem to be pricey extras....go figure???
Thanks privatedoc, that does make perfect sense.

To be honest, I'd not thought about it until a friend of mine expressed her surprise when I mentioned getting a car with a sunroof. She genuinely thought nobody bothered making them now and it got me thinking too. I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a car with a sunroof.

Edited by: clowesa

·
Registered
142 Posts
Great news clowesa, glad it will only be a matter of days now, I hope the handover goes ok and I am also looking forward to seeing a few pictures.
Going back a few years I had a Golf which had aircon and a sunroof, I prefered the sunroof open around town, and used the aircon on the motorway, so it was beneficial to have both.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Good luck for Monday, my dealer is back then so I may have some happy news too!!

·
Registered
619 Posts
I used to be envious of folks with sunroofequippedcars and once went out of my way to buy a car with one fitted. The downside was, being tall, my hair used to get sucked out of the open roof when travelling at speed. Exiting your car with your hair standing up like a wire brush proved to be a source of amusement for passers by; being oblivious to theaforementioned hair do, I completely misinterpreted the smiles of passing members of the opposite sex!

·
294 Posts
Panoramic roofs seem to be popular now, but an expensive option on that cars I've looked at.

Had a sunroof on a 1990 Cavalier that I had as my first car and used to use it all the time!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
luckyjimmy said:
I used to be envious of folks with sunroofequippedcars and once went out of my way to buy a car with one fitted. The downside was, being tall, my hair used to get sucked out of the open roof when travelling at speed. Exiting your car with your hair standing up like a wire brush proved to be a source of amusement for passers by; being oblivious to theaforementioned hair do, I completely misinterpreted the smiles of passing members of the opposite sex!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
luckyjimmy said:
I used to be envious of folks with sunroof equipped cars and once went out of my way to buy a car with one fitted. The downside was, being tall, my hair used to get sucked out of the open roof when travelling at speed. Exiting your car with your hair standing up like a wire brush proved to be a source of amusement for passers by; being oblivious to the aforementioned hair do, I completely misinterpreted the smiles of passing members of the opposite sex! 
Now that would be a sight to behold

1 - 19 of 19 Posts