Up Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all ! My name is Clément, I am 19 years old and I from france so excuse me for my bad english haha

I got a High Up! since one year. She has the sport and drive pack ! The colour is the Night Grey.
I really like this car, very fun to drive and I love the sound she makes haha !

Some pictures of my up! :

Edited by: letunn

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi Clément,

and welcome to the forum!

Is "Night Grey" the translation of the French colour description?
In Germany it is called "Dark Grey" (Germany uses English words).
I think in England the colour is called "Tungsten Grey" (which would be "Wolfram Grau" in German).

I prefer the normal high up! Spoke rims.
But your high up! is very beautiful!

I will get my high up! 4 doors in May (also equipped with "chrome plus" like your up!.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Yes, "Night Grey" is my own translation because in french it's "gris nuit".Tungsten Grey is deeper than my grey, so i don't think ://

The spoke rims are good too but I love this wheels haha ^^

Thanks for the compliment :)

Nice, just 2 months to wait :p

·
Registered
325 Posts
Looks good - I guess it's what we would just call "silver", then

·
Registered
851 Posts
Yes, the official colour name in the UK is tungsten silver but I agree it looks quite grey. It's the colour i have and after my candy white up that showed all the dirt, this colour is the best!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Oh, OK - it looks a little light for Tungsten Silver but that maybe just the photo.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Maybe the fender in the first photo shows the right shade?

I had to make photos of an alu filter holder I designed for a scanning electron microscope. It is very difficult to get the right "alu silver tone" on the photo.

Or is it Relfex Silver??? When you comare the two photos you might say these are different cars ...
BUT: There has never been a third silver colour as far as I found out - and the "standard colours" white, blue, red, 2x silver, dark blue, black are the same all over Europe - only with different namings.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On the first photo, I added an effect with Photoshop ;) That's why you think this is two differents colours :) Dont worry, it's the same car ^^

Okay so it'sTungsten Silver! Good to know :)

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Well ...

Reflex Silver Metallic (also called "Light Silver") surely is Reflet d'Argent Métallisée.
So, Tungsten Silver Metallic (also called "Dark Silver") should be Gris Nuit Métallisée.

Have a look into your car papers / registration documents (you have to show during a police control). The colour might be stated as "K5" or "8E" somewhere???

By the second photo I would say you have Reflet d'Argent Métallisée ... 8E ...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@Cadfael : No, I don't have a code colour on my paper :/. Nothing means the colour of the car.

An other picture if you want :

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
In German car papers you often have the remark: "Colour: 9" (Black) ...

@ AlanG: Yes.

I have to deal with colours in my job (making webdesign, posters, brochures) ...
I would say ...

Refelx Silver is a pure (grey scale) light silver.

Tungsten Silver is not only a darker silver. It is not "pure" but has a tiny bit of green / olive in it which gives it that special look. It looks a bit like "gunmetal silver" ...

·
Registered
851 Posts
Cadfael said:
In German car papers you often have the remark: "Colour: 9" (Black) ...

@ AlanG: Yes.

I have to deal with colours in my job (making webdesign, posters, brochures) ...
I would say ...

Refelx Silver is a pure (grey scale) light silver.

Tungsten Silver is not only a darker silver. It is not "pure" but has a tiny bit of green / olive in it which gives it that special look. It looks a bit like "gunmetal silver" ...
I would never have guessed that it was olive/green added to silver that gives it the gun metal look. Thanks for sharing that with us Cadfael!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts