Up Owners Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Looking to purchase an UP! :)

It's a hard decision as I will be swapping a 2.0 Turbo FSI, DSG EOS for it to try and be more eco!!

Anyway, please help me decide! I have been looking through posts and everyone seems to like them so far which is a good sign!!

I am currently Moderator and Tech guru at the EOS club, so lots of changes afoot!! :)

Assuming I go ahead with it, I intent to learn as much as possible about it so I can help people out technically with it as I do with the EOS...

Nice to meet you all!

S

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Hi Si and welcome

I am sure you will be teaching us non techie people a thing or two

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the plan hopefully!! Thanks for being the first to say Hi :)

S

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I get my Up black tomorrow, so I am sure my posts will be annoying you tomorrow evening

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL... I saw your signature with the details... I also intend to get an Up Black with all the packs and accessories! Only one I didn't want was the sunroof, but I see you ordered that one! :)

Look forward to hearing how much you like it!

Still trying to get used to the forum software!!

S

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all :)

·
Premium Member
3,142 Posts
Hi si.....think lots of us are downsizing for cost, up until the up! There was nowt that I fancied downsizing to!Edited by: Privatedoc

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
Hi Si!

welcome to the forum, my dad used to own the EOS fsi 2.0l which I used to drive occasionally, so as far as power goes youre gonna be looking at a change, but youll definatly be saving money and being more economical!

going for the top of the range up, youll be getting all the comforts, well most of them that you were used to in the EOS too.

think of all those small spaces youll be able to park in which you wouldnt in the EOS.

obviously you wont have the convertable factor, but I have the sunroof on my up myself and I love it, if you want air but no wind in your face its perfect, lets SO much extra light into the up, all in all I'm very glad I paid the extra for it.

be great to have another technical whiz on here who like you say will learn the up inside out!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Now u are all making me excited about the Up!

I just hope get on ok with a manual car!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi Si, hope you enjoy the forum, the modifications section is worth a lookI'vedefinitelygot some good ideas from there, will be getting square rear plate and tints for my white high up

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hi Si and welcome to the forum. All I want to say is get one, get one, get one

Only had my up! a day and I can't tell you how much I love it. Totally agree with willowaz, the sunroof makes a huge difference and today was the perfect day to use it.

I'm no techie and have never owned bigger/more powerful/upmarket cars so I'm probably just easily pleased but for me, the up! is everything I want or need. If all VW's are like this, I'll never buy anything else

Oh, and it'll be great to have another technical expert on here

Edited by: clowesa

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
No idea what all those acronyms meant butI assume it is a car, and a fast one as there were a lot of letters. Would not the Up GT be more appropriate for you? Still gives 60 mpg apparently, but 0-60 mph in ~8.5". No idea about comfort or noise. Out next year supposedly. No official price yet.

·
Premium Member
3,142 Posts
SiJ2000 said:
Now u are all making me excited about the Up!

I just hope get on ok with a manual car!!

From what I read, the automated manual up is a no-no.....ruins the experience but then again, if they put a dsg in the UP! GT....well, form an orderly queue !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.