Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just thought I would pop in and say hi.

I have ordered my HighUp! 75 BMT, white, with panoramic roof, sports pack and sensor pack.

Now (im)patiently waiting for an order number and week number.

Edited by: dampchimp

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Hello and welcome. Lots of patient and not so patient waiters on here

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I was told to expect a 2 month delivery time (which sounded a little optimistic). If that turns in to 3-4 months, not sure how patient I will be.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hi dampchimp and welcome. The wait does seem like forever but it's well worth it in the end and you've got us to keep you company in the meantime.

Love the user name by the way, how did you decide on that?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Howdy and welcome :) I'm also waiting on mine, thedealer keeps me updated once a week via email. Have you any idea when it will be ready?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers. The username came from one of the auto-generated Xbox live names and has stuck. Not heard anything yet beyond the order being put through successfully. Ordered 28th July.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I was told november more than a week ago. (Similar spec car) Hi, by the way.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How long should I wait before badgering the dealer about delivery week/order number? How long has this taken for others?

·
Registered
315 Posts
dampchimp said:
How long should I wait before badgering the dealer about delivery week/order number? How long has this taken for others?

Give it a month or so before asking for your build week.

Also get your order number from the dealer right now and you can put it into the tracker - not that much will happen for a while but it'll make you feel better about life!

·
Registered
532 Posts
VW suggest you contact the dealer for the number. The number will be generated once the dealer has entered the order on the system. You start with 00 at which point the website isn't live for your order number. My dealer gave me the number with no problem. It took about 2 weeks for the processing order to go live. My number is 22******.
Edited by: ducatikid

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Hi damp chimp ( love the name). We ordered our second up on the same day and were told to expect it in October though it seems they are getting a bit faster according to my dealer...last one took 11 and a bit weeks from order to delivery, hoping for similar to be honest.

Welcome to the madhouse!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cheers to everyone for the welcome.

October sounds more like it, if we go much beyond that, I may have to have a word with the dealer...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
tom said:
16 weeks is standard for a factory order

To be honest, I would hope to get it sooner. Reason being, was I specifically asked the dealer about long lead times and was told it would probably be a couple of months.

If it takes much longer than that, I will probably have to spend more money on my trade-in which I really don't want to do.

Edited by: dampchimp

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have a white hiup on order now for a few weeks. it is has been "in build" state for the past 7 days. my dealer reckons I will get it about a month early.

Its not all bad. either VW will ramp up production or it will be on top gear next year and there will be a 6 month waiting list like the skoda yeti

·
Registered
265 Posts
In looking at all three brands, availiability of the VW was about 4-6 weeks behind the Skoda and Seat, as related to me by each dealer

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got my order number from the dealer, so the weekly/daily/hourly checking of the order on the website begins.

PrivateDoc, did you order yours from Ingram's in Ayr?

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Yes, David Gray....fabulous experience....good old fashioned service....ordered both from him and will prob order a gt as soon as they become available.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Privatedoc said:
Yes, David Gray....fabulous experience....good old fashioned service....ordered both from him and will prob order a gt as soon as they become available.
I also ordered from Ingrams and so far have been mightily impressed by the quality of their service. I wonder whether you got your order in before or after me. We can have a race to see who get's theirs first.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
10am 28/7/12 for the 5 door, my up white took 11 weeks and 4 days order to delivery.

Wish the gt would hurry up!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts