Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!!!

Excited as we have just ordered a new High Up in red, with classic wheels, chrome pack, sunroof, sensor pack, and city braking.....and have an eye on some accessories too, along with an "UP" registration

Ordered through drive the deal and saved about £900 off list, might be waiting a while for delivery though but i think it will be worth it....

Hope to chat to you all in due course!!

·
Registered
811 Posts
That sounds a really good deal and a nice spec. You'll definitely find it worth the wait.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
welcome to the fold!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hi Jamescup. Good choice! I was lucky enough to get UP in my registration, mines UPY. I hope you don't have to wait too long for yours.

Matt

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hiya. Hope you get your up! soon. Good discount and sounds lush! I got UPX regso happy with that. Enjoy. x

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your kind wishes, I must admit I have been looking at the forum often- today I got news that the car will be built on week commencing 17th June and should be here mid July- cant wait! And it will have a VUP registration too

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hi James. Nice one! Especially getting your V(w)UP reg!

Matt

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So- we have been waiting patiently and will collect our Up on Monday

Haven't posted too much but been checking in on all the posts daily, in between hunting on ebay for every accessory I can find

Pictures to follow Monday evening

·
Registered
811 Posts
Not long now then. The excitement must be building!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes I am anxious to say the least- asked the poor dealer a load of questions - I must say they have been excellent and this has been the best car-buying experience I have had- just hope all is good with the car upon collection .....Edited by: Jamescup

·
Registered
957 Posts
Welcome to the forum James
Not long to wait now, is this going to be a long Sunday for you ?
You will be able to try the air con out tomorrow with all this good weather.
I'm sure you will be pleased with your High Up I was
Edited by: Derkie54

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
very nice!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi, still waiting for my high up. I am intrigued - did you have to buy the reg plates yourself or pay more for them? I have asked for a choice of reg before getting my Up but the dealer wasn't too keen on this and said that it would probably only be a choice between two or three possibilities. I am getting mine on 1 st Sept.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I paid DVLA for the privilege of "UP" as the first two letters and my initials as the last three letters...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Gorgeous. Enjoy. I just picked mine up today and loved the drive home!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all your lovely comments- the car is really great- 500 miles already and I can't believe how good this car is

Drive the deal, and James at JCB was without a doubt the best car buying experience I have ever had
As for the plate it was £250 extra, and while this is kind of an expensive extra, it makes the car unique and from previous experience adds value at resale (perhaps not so appropriate this time as I intend to keep this car until the wheels fall off)

My only complaints would be that I wish it had height adjustable seat belts, and the Navigon fresh software is a bit clunky, but I am going to keep trying- I have a mac and it didn't work, also have a work laptop so trying on that now

And had alloygators fitted today, sadly I have a history of scraping alloys and I am not planning on repeating that with the lovely classic alloys

·
Registered
448 Posts
Jamescup said:
Thanks for all your lovely comments- the car is really great- 500 miles already and I can't believe how good this car is

(perhaps not so appropriate this time as I intend to keep this car until the wheels fall off.

And they just get better and better! 2000 plus miles on ours now,and a complete joy to own and drive .I have owned many cars in my lifetime and I can honestly say that the Up! .....for sheer enjoyment .... is at the top of the list.

When your wheels fall off....throw them my way please.

Go well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Jamescup said:
.............Drive the deal, and James at JCB was without a doubt the best car buying experience I have ever had As for the plate it was £250 extra, and while this is kind of an expensive extra, it makes the car unique and from previous experience adds value at resale (perhaps not so appropriate this time as I intend to keep this car until the wheels fall off)..........

Thanks for your reply - I have had a look and there are some plates I could buy for £250 so I think I will contact the dealer and see what they can offer me - if I really dont like them I will go for the £250 spend, especially if as you say it will help with resale/value later as well!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts