Up Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Northumberland, got myself a move up, in white a few weeks ago,having read through the pages here for info thought I should take the time to say hi!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Hi and welcome to the club. Hope you have much pleasure driving your Up!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello from another move Up! owner. Chris

·
Registered
296 Posts
Welcome Mup - do not get too alarmed at all the things that seem to go wrong with people's cars - most of us have no trouble with them at all.
Enjoy your Up. Taking mine in for 10,000 service tomorrow - now six and a half month old.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Congratulations on your new up ,hope you have many many miles of fun .
And trouble free ,,Welcome to the forum ,,Regards Phill,,

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Why-Aye....welcome to the gang!

·
Registered
10 Posts
ospreywatcher said:
Welcome Mup - do not get too alarmed at all the things that seem to go wrong with people's cars - most of us have no trouble with them at all.
Enjoy your Up. Taking mine in for 10,000 service tomorrow - now six and a half month old.
Hi!
Sounds like you do similar mileage to me - I do 25,000 a year.
Was told flexible servicing at 20,000 was suitable... until I bought it!
Now apparently, only 10,000 mile service is available...

·
Registered
296 Posts
genso said:
ospreywatcher said:
Hi!
Sounds like you do similar mileage to me - I do 25,000 a year.
Was told flexible servicing at 20,000 was suitable... until I bought it!
Now apparently, only 10,000 mile service is available...
I had hoped to have reduced mileage in the first year of owning the Up as I retired in March this year. However I anticipate mileage from now one will be about 10,000 per annum. However, with my engineering background I would argue that a 10,000 oil change is the minimum requirement for servicing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ah, retirement... A long way away for me :(
I don't disagree to the oil change at 10,000.
Its the about turn the dealers told me about servicing intervals, and the price they charge for an oil change that's my gripe.
I'm guessing that if the oil change is done anywhere else, it will invalidate the warranty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome!
I'm enjoying the "mup" more than anticipated. Pleased with the real life low 50's mpg.
So far its gained tinted rear side windows (a little more patience and less windy day required to fit the tint to the rear window‘„) a pair of front mud flaps and some wind deflectors.
Am slightly disappointed with the weak front suspension, so this will need upgraded soon, along with some new rims.
Till then I'll just keep washing it,,,,white is the best colour IMHO,but it doesn't stay clean for long!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts