Up Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just spent ten minutes typing out a few facts to say "Hello" but somehow or other they disappeared in to the ether... I'm 82 years old, widowed four years ago, but luckily have a family member who looks after me when needed. Ihave a few hobbies such as reading my Kindle, gardening, motoring (I used to be a driving instructor)Going on holidays etc. Why not? I'm also an ex-serviceman and have kept reasonably fit so far. Hope it stays that way. Looking forward to any advice anybody can give me about the new Up White which I have just bought. Thank you...

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
hello and welcome!

we're a friendly bunch here to ask any questions you want answered and we shall try our best to reply!

good choice on buying an up! unfortunatly I'm still waiting for mine...

·
Registered
213 Posts
Welcome bingalu , everyone here is very helpful and friendly . Do you have your UP! Already or are you like willowaz and myself who are still waiting ?

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. Hope you're looking forward to getting your new up! Has the dealer given you any idea when you'll get it?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi All and thanks for the welcome. I picked up my new Up White on the 4th of this month after waiting since I ordered it on the first day of February (2012). I kicked up merry **** about the long wait, but it didn't make a lot of difference.

However I am pleased with the vehicle so far and am gradually getting used to it. I had a few extras added such as the sensor pack, the Driver's Assistance Pack and a proper spare wheel. I'm old fashioned. It will probably be the last vehicle I buy although I am still capable of driving well and my faculties are still pretty good. (I would say that wouldn't I?). Previously I owned a FIAT Punto which has given good service but I wanted a change. I was offered about £500 for that in Part Ex. So as it was worth about £3000 I passed it on to my son. His car was clapped out. I also owned a FIAT motorhome which I gave away to the Help the Hero's organisation and it is now fully booked up by some of the wounded guys from Afghanistan. I can still use it if I want it. The motorhome was worth about £30,000 and wasn't being used to its full capacity. It is now though. Plus I don't have to maintain it now.

Back to the "Up" It seems they don't give you the Infotainment system until about a week after you get your car. But that's o.k. providing it does get here. I'm still reading all the guff that comes with the car itself. Plenty to read. First impressions of the car are that it is extremely clean and neat. Shiny as **** and I hope I can keep it that way.

911sse I don't know about the silver surfing. More like baldie surfing.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hello & Welcome Bingalau,

And Thankyou for your philanthropic attitude to life your addition to our group can only benefit us all.

If you have any problems with your M&M (infotainment) when it arrives I'm sure someone on here will be able to help!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hi
welcome, you will get used to my posts, I some how never seem to press the button at the right time and send ghost replies

They are a really friendly bunch here and have to say the info you gather about your UP! is great.

Still waiting for mine
happy driving to you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts