Up Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my new high up for a month and generally delighted. It has changed the way I drive as I constantly battle the mpg reading to coax it upwards.

One thing I wished I had done before buying is turn the radio on. The sound is poor and I will have to change at least the speakers in an attempt to improve the quality. In hindsight I would have ordered the sound pack. I have done a bit of Googling on this issue with mixed success and am at the stage of buying speakers if I knew which ones to get. If anyone out there has replaced the speakers recently then please let me know which ones are worth getting.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I must be easy to please. I am HIGHly with my high up including the radio without sound pack. I am amazed at the lengths some people go to modify there car. For example why would you want remove the up badge and rear wiper?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Because a without the badge and wiper, the rear end looks smooth and clean. Just little things that make it stand out from the crowd, subtle, tasteful changes

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No need to customise yet surely - they are still rare beasts on the road. I'm not a picky person usually but I do enjoy music in the car (not the boom boom broadcast to the nation situation) hence the quality issue.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
If you want a car to stand out from the crowd why not build your own

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I think we are getting away from the point lol, theres one chap whi installed super duper speakers I think, He did step bu step instructions including good pics, he only had the front speakers and installed rear ones, I'll go look for his thread and copy and paste a link for you, I hope it works!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Why would I build my own car, when I can get a brand spankers one sub £11k, and make a few subtle changes myself, leading to my very own, one off, unlike all the others, warrantied car for just by spending a few quid on it. I'm not saying there is anything at all wrong with the Up!, as if there was I wouldn't have bought one, I just like things as I like them, especially when it's my hard earned paying for it.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I'm very much a less is more person. I have removed my wheel covers, door mirrors, badges and rear wiper. I'm thinking of removing the side indicators too to bring elegance to the front wings. I'll post pics when I next have a daylight opportunity to photograph my beautiful creation.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I removed my roof and got shouted at by the misses

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Itzben said:
Hopefully it will work...

<a href="http://www.upownersclub.co.uk/forum/diy-sound-upgrade-to-take-up_topic438.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.upownersclub.co.uk/forum/diy-sound-upgrade-to-take-up_topic438.html
</a>

Thanks for that - I had looked at that when searching earlier but didn't much fancy taking the car apart. I'm after replacing the front speakers only which are hopefully 5" sizewise. Removing door trims is as far as I wish to go.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
When I was looking for that link o found another which I think is just the front speakers I'll go find it lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts