Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I ordered a Black Up last week in Inverness, I am surprised at the waiting time I have been told Mid April early May but by the looks of things on the forum its going to be much longer than that.

I was having second thoughts yesterday!! I do a lot of town driving due to my job but I also do a bit to the west coast with its winding hilly roads also up and down the A9 and was worried about how the car will perform

I currently have a 1.2 turbo clio which has a bit of ooomph but costs a lot in petrol so I have decided to go for economy over performance
I have just read the review of the Up in the peak district and it has reassured me somewhat but I will be interested in hearing how others find the Up out of town and for overtaking

SO when will I get my new car is anyone's guess I will just have to be patient!!!

·
Registered
677 Posts
hi and welcome!I travel up to the west coast of scotland alot, my mum lives in Ullapool. We use to own a Smart Fortwo and traveled all over scotland in all kinds of weather and the smarty was by far the worlds most un-areodynamic car ever built but he still got through it! I now drive a 2011 Polo and it hugs the road in all conditions. I would say the Up! is more like the Polo than the Smart, so I dont think you've got anything to worry about regarding the stability of the Up! :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers!

My hubby said the same thing!

Ullapool is lovely, go up quite a lot especially in the summer - my folks are in Kyle

·
Registered
677 Posts
My mum moved up there 2 years ago, great part of the country to go for a long drive! When we got our smart for the first time we toured right around scotland! some AMAZING roads up top. Can't wait to take my Up! up there :D

·
Registered
123 Posts
and you might get your Up! when your dealer said... Apparently each dealer is allocated so many orders or something like that... Mine is expected in 11 weeks if I believe my dealer. (ordered last weekend)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts