Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, just thought I'd say a quick hello. I don't have my new up! yet, but have just been told I will get it on Tuesday. Have ordered a Candy White Move up! with BlueMotion Tech - so excited.
This is the first time I have had a brand new car and haven't even had my own car in about 5 years (managed to get by with being on other people's insurance), but thought the up! is definitely the car for me. I used to own an old 60s Beetle and the up! reminds me of him loads in terms of fun and personality (if a bit more eco-friendly).

Can't wait for next week!!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, I have to admit the Up! was our move back to having two cars after selling my BMW 118d in 2009 and me on the bus, then cycling, 50cc Scooter and finally back to a car. Very economical and spot on city car. Our current Leon is getting used even less as the Up! uses about half as much fuel and is decent even on fast A roads and motorway's.

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
hello and welcome.......Lovely Aberdeen...I spen 1987-1990 working at ARI so fond memories of the granite city....bet you are excited...enjoy the car!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Hi, I had a 71 beetle and they were awful and great fun in varying measures.

My 1300 had 44 hp if I remember, 26 mpg, no acceleration, and frightening brakes. I nearly turned mine over while driving up a steep road to get to some dark sky so I could spot halley's comet! I was a greater prat then than I am now!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the lovely welcome. Nice to know other people are also fond of Aberdeen and old Beetles

My up! should be with me tomorrow afternoon. Mega excited doesn't even cover it!!!

·
Registered
532 Posts
My car's now done 1000 miles and I'm opening up to release the whole 75 hp.

Joking apart, the lttle darlin' really tries hard with a lovely mini roar. 100 times better than our old c2.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts