Up Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Just joined the forum and just ordered a High Up! options ordered are sensor pack and spare wheel. Are there any other options that i should consider?

Cheers

·
Registered
677 Posts
heeeey!! another fellow Scotty :D

SPORTS PACK !!!!

its a must! have it on my Up! sweet wheels and tinted windows!

What colour did you order?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi went for Candy White as I thInk the colour really suits the car. The wife already owns a Candy White Golf and I drive an Ibis White TT.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Don't have it myself but lots of people on here insist that you have to get the sound pack, so if your music is really important to you.............

I went for the sunroof and I have to say it really makes the interior feel very light and spacious.

Oh, and welcome to the forum

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Hi there, I work In Glasgow but live in Ayrshire.....you must get the sound pack !... any idea of delivery times, I ordered from Ayr and its being built this week, 8 weeks after order. hope to have mine within next 4 weeks.

welcome to the forum....a veritable mine of relevant info, I've learned loads !

·
294 Posts
Hi and welcome to the site!

I think must have options are a personal taste and down to cost as well but I would agree with the sports pack and sound pack opinions above.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi ordered from Arnold Clark, Jordonhill, been told it will be September for delivery as it will be a car that they have already ordered. Ingrams in Ayr is where I take my wife's golf to be serviced as the service from Verve and Arnold Clark in Glasgow is shocking!!!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Ingrams are great...thats who I'm with...I've found AC appalling on every front.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dan said:
Hi and welcome to the site!

I think must have options are a personal taste and down to cost as well but I would agree with the sports pack and sound pack opinions above. 
Sports pack looks good value. What's the sound pack? From experience manufacture's ice aren't really worth it. I have Bose in my TT...... Waste of money IMHO.

Thanks for all the replys, keep them coming

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
sound pack is £100...gets you 2 rear speakers and 2 front tweeters to go with the existing door speakers....not fab but most importantly, specifying the sound pack means the wiring is there making aftermarket upgrades much easier.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Privatedoc said:
Ingrams are great...thats who I'm with...I've found AC appalling on every front.
Yes... Ingrams are the best out the lot of them. But they are not very competive in pricing, that's why I buy from AC or Verve and then take the car to Ingrams for servicing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Privatedoc said:
sound pack is £100...gets you 2 rear speakers and 2 front tweeters to go with the existing door speakers....not fab but most importantly, specifying the sound pack means the wiring is there making aftermarket upgrades much easier.
Didn't realise it was only £100. I suppose for £100 it's worth a gamble.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I bought my car from Ingrams of Ayr but my sister bought a black High Up from Verve of Bogside, Wishaw. She said the staff at Bogside were really great and, surprisingly, they had three Ups in the showroom for sale. My sister bought one of these and took delivery a week later! If you are in the Glasgow/Ayrshire area these guys may be worth calling.

I also forgot to mention that they gave her the Autoglym valet pack for free which was unexpected.
Edited by: luckyjimmy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
luckyjimmy said:
I bought my car from Ingrams of Ayr but my sister bought a black High Up from Verve of Bogside, Wishaw. She said the staff at Bogside were really great and, surprisingly, they had three Ups in the showroom for sale. My sister bought one of these and took delivery a week later! If you are in the Glasgow/Ayrshire area these guys may be worth calling.

I also forgot to mention that they gave her the Autoglym valet pack for free which was unexpected.
Verve were quoting 12-14 weeks for delivery, forgot to mention its the 5dr that I've ordered.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hi there and welcome!I have the sound and sensor packs and would recommend both. I use the cruise control all the time, reverse sensors are suprisingly useful even given the car's dimensions and I like gadgets like computers on cars. No idea what the standard sound setup is like but very glad I went for the extra speakers. It may not be up to an aftermarket monster amp and speakers setup but it copes well with everything from Led Zeppelin (my choice) toIl Divo (my wifes's!!).

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
sounds pack definitely.... it's mostdefinitelyworth the extra £100, I've heard both with and without soundpack and so happy that I chose to order with!

Edited by: Collas

1 - 17 of 17 Posts