Up Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Finally collected my little Up! named Herbie Monster Gu!! Loving it so far, do miss my bug but I am sure that will fade as I have more time in Up!. I will post piccies soon, i haven't been writing on the forum lately as had interviews and assessments at work but I have been keeping an eye on the forum when I can.

I am starting to buy things for herbie already, really chuffed that my old mats from my bug fit in the Up! They look fab black and grey cherquered, looking for new wheels, no there is nothing wrong with the ones I have, just like other ones more. Has anyone had any luck with lowering apart from the VW lowering by 15mm and the H+ R springs any coilovers out there yet?

Look forward to hearing positive comments!!

Monkeydog

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Hello Monkeydog

I too am going from a Beetle. I did worry that I would miss it and be sad every time I saw one on the road, but the up! Is a solid replacement and I love it! So I've been OK. Hope you will feel the same

Where did the name Herbie Monster Gu come from?Edited by: bugbabe34

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Herbie Monster Gu comes from:
Herbie a little tribute to my Bug and Up! is white, Monster Gu, my number plate ends in GGU so therefore my little monster was named Gu, hence Herbie Monster Gu!!

Makes me smile!

I love Gu was plesently surprised how nippy he is, I used to have a Lupo then had my Bug for 8 years so very attached but I am happy with my replacement, already noticing the petrol difference that brings a smile to my face I used to have a 2.0l bug so it was very thirsty!!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I can imagine. Mine was a 1.6 and that was bad enough and the tax was getting very expensive,

We clearly have the same taste in vehicles, Luoo, Beetle and now an Up!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

How funny clearly great taste!
My tax was nearly £300 this year, thankfully Up! arrived 4 days before tax due!!

I have a High up with sound pack so glad I ordered the sound pack very impressed.

Are you liking your Up Black?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Yes I am, only on 250 miles. But it's a really nice drive, much like the Beetle. It doesn't feel like a small engine and the interior makes its feel like a much bigger car.

Do you ever get to Bug Jam?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Been to Bug Jamloads of times 10 years of various shows, hopefully going on Sunday this year not able to go for the whole week end, are you going?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
My son works in the office, has done since he did his work experience, he's 22 this year. We are about half an hour drive away. We have been for about the past 19 years. Been through the beetle, camper, beetle stages. Many winters driving to work scraping the inside of the car! Before I decided I needed some heat driving to work about 11 years ago, hence the NBEdited by: bugbabe34

·
Registered
77 Posts
Monkeydog said:

Herbie Monster Gu comes from:
Herbie a little tribute to my Bug and Up! is white, Monster Gu, my number plate ends in GGU so therefore my little monster was named Gu, hence Herbie Monster Gu!!
And there was me thinking you'd "given in to temptation..." as in the Gu chocolate desserts ad...

Enjoy!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I love those Gu desserts yum yum!!!!
I have to say I am loving my up more and more each day now looking forward to the heated seats in the winter, not that I am wishing the summer away (not that we have had much of summer, maybe we will get a late summer heres hoping!!!)

Maybe we should do a little Up! show and shine at Bug Jam, would anyone be up for that? obviously weather permitting?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cool I have looked at the Bug Jam web site and it states to just turn up and enter on the Sunday only, so I think I might do a new post seeing how many others are going and would be interested in entering show and shine, the only problem could be that tickets are being sold in advance and if these sell out no tickets are available on the gate, would you be able to talk with your son to see what the score is for day tickets bugbabe?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Of course I will ask him and let you know.

Best bet i would guess would be to get Sunday tickets in advance if you can tie people down to going (and paying obviously) as it is cheaper

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Ok, basically if it's full it's full! If you turn up on Sunday morning and say you've come for the show and shine they will let you park near the drag strip, otherwise you will be parking outside the actual event and have to walk in. I can get advance tickets for anyone who wants them without paying the booking fee via Ticket Master as we are quite close by. So in essence your best bet is to get advance tickets, else you are not guaranteed entry, but Sunday is not usually a problem as people start going home after a weekend of raving Edited by: bugbabe34

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi thanks for getting back to me sorry for the delay have had a think, we live a good 1 1/2 hour away, judging by the weather at the moment I am reluctant to buy tickets in advance as may be a wasted £40 and possible journey, might chance it on the day and enter show and shine to at laest get in? I will PM you if we are going if you want?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Yes please do

Completely understand about the weather, it's not the nicest place to be when the weather is bad

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Santa pod seems to have it's own climate, know exactly what you mean we have lost two gazeebos at the pod and nearly our tent due to a mini tornado coming through!!!! I will let you know if the weather is decent then may take the risk and head up early and enter s+s fingers crossed I have missed too many shows this year due to the weather, I will let you know, will also post a new thread to see if any other members are going and forewarn them about the ticket situation!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts