Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Less than a week old Up! Love the car, handles extremely well around town, cruises nicely on the highway. Had comfort style package, comfort drive package, sunroof, wheels added to final order. Have just ordered some led bulbs for the daylight driving lights. Thanks to all members here for all their modification ideas, how to's etc. BTW, the number plates are original off my 1976 Beetle. Just had to swap them to the new VW. I got new ones pressed by our Dept. of Transport.

<div style=": ; cursor: pointer; : 2147483647; : none repeat scroll 0% 0% transparent; top: -100000px; left: -100000px;" id="UMS_TOOLTIP">

·
Registered
957 Posts
Welcome to the forum Noosa.
It's good to see that you are pleased with your UP!. Wheels look smart.
Trying to work out DB007 are you a James Bond fan ?Edited by: Derkie54

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a home phone number which ended in 007, work colleague came up with Don Bond 007, kind of stuck. Well spotted, and yes, am a fan of the real 007.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had my first "wave" the other day, really miss not seeing many Up!'s on the road here. I nearly used to fall out the window with old beetles when passing in my '76.
<div style=": ; cursor: pointer; : 2147483647; : none repeat scroll 0% 0% transparent; top: -100000px; left: -100000px;" id="UMS_TOOLTIP">

·
Registered
315 Posts
I was in Oz for the Queen's trip around there back in 1954 and don't remember seeing any VW's at all never mind an up!. Visited nearly every city too. I think they only sold one make of vehicle in Australia back In those days. My last trip to Oz was in 2009 when I went to Perth to visit other ex-servicemen friends out there. Didn't get any further than Perth area either. I was hoping to get to other cities, as I still have a free rail pass from the time we were there with the Queen. (I was wondering if it would be honoured or if I would have to pay?).... I was surprised to see how big the little sapling which the Queen planted in the memorial gardens in Perth had grown. It is now massive. I nearly migrated there myself back in 1970 when I left the Royal Marines. But family ties were in the U.K., so that won the day. Too late now of course.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts