Up Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

Stumbled on this new forum as I searched for up! news on the web.

I'm from bonnie Scotland and have just ordered a High up! for July delivery. I'm a long-standing VW owner and fan although I've previously owned other marques as well. Been a member on various VW forums too over the years.

Most recently owned a couple of nice Polo Sports including a 130TDI which I will always regret having sold - factory ordered with nice list of options and one of very few in the UK. Last VW was a Passat Sport DSG estate which I loved but it had to go last year due to job changes and its ever increasing mileage. Have been a Lupo fan since they came out. The family has owned 7 of them over the years. I've had a Lupo as a second car since 2005 and will probably never sell it now as it will be 9yo this year but has only covered 24,000 miles. The up! is to become the main car in the household now as we don't need a big car as well as a small car any longer. I've opted for Tornado Red which also happens to be the colour of the Lupo. It's a tried and tested, and favourite, VW colour of mine for smaller cars. Looking forward to getting the up! and also getting my number plate off retention so that it can team up alongside the Lupo. The up! will get P33AAA while the Lupo will retain P22AAA. It's strange how people notice your plate and not your car after a while!

I'm really interested in the GT up! but can't wait that long to get my hands on it so the 75bhp will need to suffice for now. I test drove an up! Black at my local dealer and was impressed - no ball of fire but perfectly adequate for its use and just "felt" right compared to other small cars.

Looking forward to following everyone else's stories on here and seeing a few pics as you all take delivery. Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
welcome to the forum!

nice little intro there, answering all the questions before we all get to ask them!!
great number plates, why did you chose them?
i too chose the tornado red, red dash too!! ive always wanted a red car, ive only ever driven vw's, love them! :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers for the comments guys. Happy to answer any unanswered questions within reason! The plates... P33AAA was due to my nickname (not saying why!) and soon after I bought P22AAA so I would have a close pair and stuck it on retention until I had another car to put it on. However, my partner says that the "AAA" actually stands for the initials of our first names as in "A and A"! Trivial but couldn't ever think of giving up the plates now.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Ach aye ma laddy where ya hail fae? Em fae arbroath war ya geet yur smokies!!!

Lovely to see another fellow scot the up family! Welcome aboard!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Craig

Paisley here but I'm betting we've ordered our cars from the same place... Barnetts in Dundee? I'm a long time customer there. Bet you're looking forward to getting your new car

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the welcome everyone

Craig - I deal with Scott Myles... always have over many years.

Gar - yup makes 3 for now

·
Registered
677 Posts
Yeah Scott is lovely! he's actually my mums cousins mate, dealt with him a couple times and he's awesome! I've got a guy called Ollie, genuine and lovely person, been really great throughout this whole transaction!

Its a fair distance you have to travel to get your Up!, is there not a half decent VW in glasgow?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the welcome Annie43.

Craig...small world. Scott has sold VWs to my entire family and many friends for many years now. You can't beat his service. I don't mind travelling as I often travel with my job and I refuse to give business to Arnold Clark - really all we have to choose from in the Glasgow area

1 - 15 of 15 Posts