Up Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! Im Humberto from Argentina, nice to meet you!I'm 23 years old, and an Industrial Engineering student. I love technology, electronics and cars. There's no forums in my country yet, so this one seems to be the best currently.

As you may know (or not :p) the Up! has just started to be produced in Brasil this year, and it's now shipping to all South American market. It has just arrived to my country, and yesterday I signed the order for a red High Up! 4 doors!
Now i have to wait near a month because there wasn't red ones available, so we must wait for the next ship to bring more! lol.

In the meanwhile, I hope we can know each other, and if you can give me some advice, or tips, that would be awesome. I also have a VAG-COM cable inteface, so are there good mods lying around? I can't wait to plug it in and dig inside those modules!

Right know we have two cars; a 2012 1.8TFSI Audi A4 Restyling as the long-range, cruise car (also a good way so invest money, due to the high inflation ratings we have here), and a 2007 1.6 Volkswagen Gol as our city car. Yeah, "Gol", not Golf :p The Gol is a brasilian car designed by VW Brasil, the same model with many restylings has been lying around since early 90's for the south american market. The engine block is based on the Audi 80 and it has 90's Bosch fuel injection. It's an acient car, no airbags/ABS, very inefficient and old for today's standars. So that's why we are replacing it as soon as we heard about the Up! It's the first time an European model is offered as an entry level car around here! Super! Anyways, the Gol it's my little love, i take super care of it, wax it frecuently, and so on. I'm very sad it's leaving us, my first car that I will always remember.

Here's the Gol:

And also our A4:

So, I hope we'll have good chats about the Up! It's supposed to be here in about a month.

See you online guys!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi Humberto,

And welcome to our forum!
I'm from Germany ...

The European community always peeps over the Atlantic Ocean because the Brazilian up! is different to our European ones. The front of the American up! is the same but the back is a mixture of up! and Citigo ...

Some interior / mechancial differences are very interesting.
For instance the gear box with reverse "up left" (typical for VW, but in Europe "down right"). Or that the driver can control both side windows left and right (in Europe only left). Or indicators in the mirrors! ...

Red is a fantastic colour for the up! and you are right to wait a bit longer to get your red up!.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cadfael said:
Hi Humberto,

And welcome to our forum!
I'm from Germany ...

The European community always peeps over the Atlantic Ocean because the Brazilian up! is different to our European ones. The front of the American up! is the same but the back is a mixture of up! and Citigo ...

Some interior / mechancial differences are very interesting.
For instance the gear box with reverse "up left" (typical for VW, but in Europe "down right"). Or that the driver can control both side windows left and right (in Europe only left). Or indicators in the mirrors! ...

Red is a fantastic colour for the up! and you are right to wait a bit longer to get your red up!.

Hi Cadfael!

Very interesting what you said there, I didn't know about those differences! But there are also bad news, like there's no solar (glass) roof, or heated seats, or ESP for the moment.

I haven't looked at it deeply, but I heard the only difference on the tail is that the portion of glass that covers the european version is just painted here, but maybe there are differences at the bumper or the lights also!

About the gearbox, my VW Gol also has the right-down location for reverse. You're right about where it is on the brazilian Up!, left-up; one thing to add is that you also have to press down on the stick to be able to engage reverse, oterwise you'll be at risk of selecting revers instead of first gear, lol! Thats a little unconfortable for me as I noticed during the test drive (im used to the right-down way without down-pushing the stick).

About the electric windows control, what a shame it only has one side in Europe! Imagine you just left a passanger somewhere and that he or she left the window open, that's what electric windows are for! Well, at least here is not complete also, just front windows and not the rear ones... Weird stuff but you can spect that from low cost cars! :p

Also, the brazilian version has an ethanol flexible-fuel system. It gains 10hp (85) over normal gasoline, and has a special fuel system to resist the ethanol corrosion and also to enable cold-starts. That system is removed for the export version for the rest of latinamerica (we don't have ethanol here in ARG)

If you want to know anything more about the brazilian version, just ask me, I can take a look and also good pictures once it's here! It would be a pleasure.

See you!

Edited by: Hambert

1 - 3 of 3 Posts