Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - Just thought I would introduce myself.

I have previously had 3 Lupos, mk1 golf gti convertible, mk7 polo gti, beetle and now I thought I would try an up.

His name is Eugene and he has been seriously poorly recently with leaking water into the car and has had to have new carpets and underlay at only 6 months old
He is a White groove up and very cute.

Due to the many issues I have had with Eugene - clicky clutch, leaky doors, satnav poor performance, stained paintwork (day of delivery - delivery miles) and following recent repairs VW scratched all my shiny dash and near where my clocks are!
I have complained and I am due to get Florence in a few weeks. She is an Orange Groove up with matching Orange dash and very very cute. I do feel guilty about ditching Eugene though.

I have noticed that someone spotted me in January! Which is awsome..Watch this space.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Welcome! You're clearly a massive VW fan! My up was my first ever German car and I'm very pleased with it too.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Can I ask what you mean by 'clicky clutch'? Is it when you push the pedal down or bring it back up it clicks as if there is an extra bit to travel? If so, I have had the same and had my pedal replaced which solved it but it has since returned. I also have a Groove Up. Very annoying. Did your dealer know what it was?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The dealer fed me some crap about not having done enough miles so they could not test it. I am getting a new one due to so many issues! The water was leaking due to a seal not being tight enough.

I am happy with the car! love the Fender sound system! do miss my 1.8t tho however 20 a week fuel to 60 wins hands down.

Robyn xx

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
how did you like the polo gti? pm me if you like

oh, and welcome to the forum :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi Robyn, sorry to here about Eugene, I will now have to look out for Florence in the area. What part of Leicester are you from? I live in Newfoundpool, there are a couple of other up's in this area which I have also put in the Spotted section of the forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts