Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello forum members.

I am potentially looking at purchasing an UP GTI in the next few weeks. Thought I’d join the forum and get some information and views on the UP GTI.

I’m originally from South Africa and have moved to Scotland a few months ago. In SA I drove a number of UPs, and loved them. They are quite possibly one of the best new models from VW over the last few years IMO.

My last car was a 600bhp MK6 .:R, and while in SA I was the president of the VW Club of South Africa.

look forward to meeting up (haha) with fellow owners and interacting with the forum!

cheers!

·
Super Moderator
3,145 Posts
welcome, similar VW mad family here, I switched from a golf R to my up!Gti and while a whole different thing, it is a bundle of fun and very economical too....where abouts in Scotland are you...I'm in East Ayrshire & Glasgow

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
welcome, similar VW mad family here, I switched from a golf R to my up!Gti and while a whole different thing, it is a bundle of fun and very economical too....where abouts in Scotland are you...I'm in East Ayrshire & Glasgow
Thanks for the welcome!

Im in the Fife area, just around Dunfermline.
The GTI ticks all the right boxes for me, may be looking at purchasing a 69 plate next week

·
Super Moderator
3,145 Posts
Good luck....a wee tip, the climate control is worth it...the manual AC lets you have any temp but you are on the dials as often as the steering wheel ! ha ha

·
Super Moderator
1,010 Posts
Hello and welcome to the club! Loving the Golf R, looks monster!

Can highly recommend the Up GTI, I've had mine since last april and covered 13k miles with a happy face! Not quite my Lupo GTI but almost!

Climate control is a must, keeps the inside temperature just right

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello and welcome to the club! Loving the Golf R, looks monster!

Can highly recommend the Up GTI, I've had mine since last april and covered 13k miles with a happy face! Not quite my Lupo GTI but almost!

Climate control is a must, keeps the inside temperature just right
Thanks, 👍🏻
Definitely adding that to my spec, I’m still getting used to the slighter cooler weather here.
The Golf R was a monster! 10s capable with all the best parts. Miss her all the time!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Welcome, you'll not regret going for a Gti, mine was new last JUne, and I've done almost 8k miles now and still smiling.
Best value for money sporty hatch ever !

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome, you'll not regret going for a Gti, mine was new last JUne, and I've done almost 8k miles now and still smiling.
Best value for money sporty hatch ever !
while I believe owners will not ever say anything bad about their own cars, everything I’ve read and watched on YT points to the same.

again the GTI moniker delivers!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts