Up Owners Club banner

Hi, potential new UP GTI owner, fellow VW enthusiast!

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  911ts3 
#1 ·
Hello forum members.

I am potentially looking at purchasing an UP GTI in the next few weeks. Thought I’d join the forum and get some information and views on the UP GTI.

I’m originally from South Africa and have moved to Scotland a few months ago. In SA I drove a number of UPs, and loved them. They are quite possibly one of the best new models from VW over the last few years IMO.

My last car was a 600bhp MK6 .:R, and while in SA I was the president of the VW Club of South Africa.

look forward to meeting up (haha) with fellow owners and interacting with the forum!

cheers!

#3 ·
welcome, similar VW mad family here, I switched from a golf R to my up!Gti and while a whole different thing, it is a bundle of fun and very economical too....where abouts in Scotland are you...I'm in East Ayrshire & Glasgow

#5 ·
Good luck....a wee tip, the climate control is worth it...the manual AC lets you have any temp but you are on the dials as often as the steering wheel ! ha ha

Reactions: Ian_F
#6 ·
Hello and welcome to the club! Loving the Golf R, looks monster!

Can highly recommend the Up GTI, I've had mine since last april and covered 13k miles with a happy face! Not quite my Lupo GTI but almost!

Climate control is a must, keeps the inside temperature just right

#7 ·
Hello and welcome to the club! Loving the Golf R, looks monster!

Can highly recommend the Up GTI, I've had mine since last april and covered 13k miles with a happy face! Not quite my Lupo GTI but almost!

Climate control is a must, keeps the inside temperature just right
Thanks, ??
Definitely adding that to my spec, I’m still getting used to the slighter cooler weather here.
The Golf R was a monster! 10s capable with all the best parts. Miss her all the time!

#8 ·
Welcome, you'll not regret going for a Gti, mine was new last JUne, and I've done almost 8k miles now and still smiling.
Best value for money sporty hatch ever !

#10 ·
Ordered my VW UP GTI February 2018.... Delivered Christmas 2018..this is a benchmark city car... ie. Fantastic 6 speed blown engine combo.. great engineering quality components is what anyone should expect from the Germans. Methinks unbeatable... Does anyone think otherwise?
Steve Reay. Pretty please.

#12 ·
Couldn't agree more. When I bought mine new in June 2019, they were the very best value for money warm hatch available, at half the price of a base Golf Gti.
25000 miles on, it has been 100% reliable, and the best fun I've had in any car (except my '68 Lotus), for 30-odd years. I'm still smiling, no idea what I might replace it with eventually, there's nothing out there that compares for the money I paid.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.