Up Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been browsing the forum for a few days, lots of useful information.
I've just been into my dealer to sort out my second remote key, she said she would check progress on my car. I was told it was being built week 34, she's just told me it's confirmed for week 29 which I think is this week!

Really good news as I'll be able to have it on 1st September.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have ordered an Up! White, I ended up adding everything, one of my many personal failings!

I saw nearly the exact car in my dealers last week, it looks really nice.

I tested a Move Up, it all started when I saw a sign for a Citroen C1 on the roadside, I started thinking as I average 23mpg in my current car and have just spent £2500 on routine maintenace.

I never went to see the Citroen, I started looking on the internet and ended up at Volkswagen, I have to say that the Up is the only car that really did it for me, so I went to see one, I thought that would put me off but I was impressed but still had the get out of it being horrible to drive.

I currently have a 270bhp Seat Leon Cupra R, I don't use the performance but I couldn't believe that when I took the Up on my daily commute I really didn't notice any difference, I could do the same speed with ease that I do in my significantly more powerful Seat!

I had to have one, it's a really impressive car with some character that's missing in my opinion from most cars today.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Very similar to what happened to me. Fuel and maintenance costs started to seem ridiculous. I saw an ad for the up, went for a test drive and loved it, so I ordered one. By next week I should be driving it. It's only been four months!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know, you can't drive fast anywhere now if you want to, the time has come for me when it's just a means of getting there, I know I'm going to love getting there in the Up.

I save £60 a month just on tax and insurance, I estimate over £100 on fuel and at least another £100 on repairs.

I may have gone overboard on the spec but I'm still going to be way better off, I could have bought lots of other cars but the Up is the only one doing it for me, everything else seems to be all sculptured with unnecessary shapes!

It's amazing how it is inside, it seems the same size as my Leon, the boot is smaller but that's it, and it's a little narrower but as I spend nearly the whole time on my own I don't care.

I think they're really cool and lots of people are starting to wise up to the fact that big cars with inefficient engines are not that cool anymore.

If I ever need anymore space, for example, a family holiday, I'll rent a car, it's so cheap!

I hope you enjoy your new car when you get it.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hi Matt, welcome to the forum. Sounds like you're going to have one awesome car when it arrives, and you've been pretty lucky getting a confirmed build week 5 weeks earlier than expected!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thankyou.

I'm quite patient so had no trouble waiting, I am looking forward to it though, it will be a really nice car and three years of just buying petrol, a nice comforting thought!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Welcome! Waiting waiting waiting... Another couple of months, then I'll hopefully have mine! :)

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Hi there, welcome

I too got fed up with mounting costs.....the up is going to save me £300 a month in petrol tax and insurance....therefore, compared to current, it's effectively free motoring

Brilliant on the early build week...mine was ordered 2 months ago and has only just now been built

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It'll be very nice when we all have them, lots to talk about, it's very weird talking about a car that I haven't seen or driven, I had my test drive seven weeks ago and ordered a couple of days later, I forget sometimes that I have bought it!

I'm an accountant, it's not quite as `free' as you think when you factor in depreciation but it's a fixed cost and that's worth a lot.

I don't know what I'll do in three years time, I can't imagine I'll give it back to the dealer, I know it'll be immaculate so I'll have to decide whether to keep it or sell it on and get another new one.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I think it's strange that we only really worry about depreciation with cars, obviously because if we have enough cash we buy a newish car and plan to resell. But we don't worry about it with a washing machine, even though, just like a car, it's resale value drops like a stone the moment we take it out of the store.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Depreciation is only a cost when you plan to sell, I don't know what I'll do in three years, I can't think about it now though, you are right.

I just want my lovely new car and to be able to enjoy it, and I wil, im three years I will consider my options, but I'll have loads more money due to my savings!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Although the cost of a car is expensive compared to a washing machine, although that's a good point!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's arrived at last! I get in Wednesday morning.

I'm currently driving around in a brand new Polo Match that they have lent me as my old car went Friday evening.

The Polo is quite nice, but I feel quite anxious driving around in a brand new car that's not mine, any marks on it will be my fault, can't wait to give it back really.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Good luck :)

I get mine this week too!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts