Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys and Gals,

I've been around a little while but wanted to pop in and say Hi

My name is Simon and we bought a Candy White BMT Move UP! last week from Bedford. ( Big shout to Warren , great guy ) We wanted one sharpish as we have to hand back our Audi A8 very shortly so managed to find one in stock.

The car is option less at the moment but I'm in the process of retro fitting maps and more ;-)

Got a great deal on the car ( no money off as everyone is finding ) but did manage a free 3 year service plan and mats.

I have a few mods planned ( nothing serious as we aren't teenagers anymore ) to include Gloss Black roof wrap, Alloys Wheel, rear tinted windows and a leather High UP! Wheel.

Over all we are very pleased with the car but have only travelled 278miles ( filled up for the first time last night with 34.5ltrs ) which gives us an MPG of approx 37 which isn't bad for a new car we are still "bedding in"

Si

·
Registered
587 Posts
Hi Welcome to the forum

Nice little car the Up! at least the Move Up! has pretty much all the essentials you need. I was quit lucky andmanaged to get £650 off the price of slightly specced up Take Up!. The free service plan and mats is worth £300 and the mats £50 so is a discount of sorts.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Thanks, I think it was as I had a monthly figure in mind and said that if they wanted my business it was that or no sale. Used the same tactic when ordering a 1 series along with "I will email every dealer to get the deal I want and got 11.5% off I had requested"

I know with dealers it is whatquota's they are chasing or needing sales at the end of a month/quarter.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome mate.That's a nice little discount, similar to mine but to get what you got I had to take the demonstrator. Make sure to post us some pics of your roof wrap, contemplating the same but ill let you test it first haha.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys,

I used a similar technique to jezyg by emailing a ton of dealers saying I wanted the free service plan and a new car in 2 weeks and was suprised with the amount of people who had stock or cars coming in.

Will defo post pics, one of my friends is a petrol head and has done a few wraps so if is going to do it for me.

I've just been in the garage attempting the Maps and More install ( except the cutting ) and I'm pleased to say stripping it down with all the guides I found made it easy. Before I started any serious cutting I wanted to make sure it would all work so wired in the device and was super pleased with how good it is :)

Going to do the cutting at the weekend when it's light

Si

1 - 6 of 6 Posts