Up Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
VW High Up
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks ,

Just drove home our new edition to the fleet - a little VW High Up

my daughter passed her test and this wee car was the ideal solution to eye watering insurance quotes !

Really impressed with the ride and spec .. looking to do a few upgrades - lights , autolight switch and I really like the Gti 17" wheels

Have been enjoying reading some of the technical information that members are putting up

My daughter has named the car after a cartoon dragon ! ( all our cars have nick names)

Cheers

Ross

Registered
Hi Folks ,

my daughter passed her test and this wee car was the ideal solution to eye watering insurance quotes !

Really impressed with the ride and spec .. looking to do a few upgrades - lights , autolight switch and I really like the Gti 17" wheels

Have been enjoying reading some of the technical information that members are putting up

My daughter has named the car after a cartoon dragon ! ( all our cars have nick names)

Cheers

Ross

Hi and welcome 馃檪

Excellent first car! (Beats my old Fiat Seicento, although I won't hear a bad word said about that beast 馃槀).

Personally I wouldn't "upgrade" to the 17" wheels. Many of us GTI owners have "downgraded" to 16" wheels for a better driving experience but depends what you're after out of it.

Tom

Registered
Hi Folks ,

Cheers

Ross
Sorry, lost my attention when you mentioned that. Each to their own, but an adult giving a car a name is just very weird in my world. Possibly something that people do in certain parts of the UK, but not where I live. Anyway, enjoy the new addition to your fleet!

Registered
We all know that Wellfan secretly calls his car Betty-boops. :)
But I call mine "El Toro Cargando"...
[/QUOT
We all know that Wellfan secretly calls his car Betty-boops. :)
But I call mine "El Toro Cargando"...
Sorry, not for me. I really cannot get my head round why people do this. But, it is for some, so I will just jog on, and get back to my reallity!

Registered
VW High Up
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi and welcome 馃檪

Excellent first car! (Beats my old Fiat Seicento, although I won't hear a bad word said about that beast 馃槀).

Personally I wouldn't "upgrade" to the 17" wheels. Many of us GTI owners have "downgraded" to 16" wheels for a better driving experience but depends what you're after out of it.

Tom
point taken Tom - I see that there are after market Epsilon GTi alloys that are on a 16" ... my only concern is they would render the insurance invalid for being non OEM !

If the 17" with the lower profile tyres make that ride too harsh then maybe I'll pass.

Registered
point taken Tom - I see that there are after market Epsilon GTi alloys that are on a 16" ... my only concern is they would render the insurance invalid for being non OEM !

If the 17" with the lower profile tyres make that ride too harsh then maybe I'll pass.
The upsilons are OEM Up! wheels but wouldn't you need to tell your insurance no matter what wheel you change to if it's different to what came on the car?

T

1 - 8 of 8 Posts