Up Owners Club banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have now done 164,652km. And yet still nothing has gone wrong (other than air con replaced under warranty). Its an amazing little car and I wonder how many kilometres I can get out of it until it dies!! I will definitely get to 200,000kms before the end of the year.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Wow, 100k miles - it's excellent to know the Up can do these sort of miles without anything serious going wrong. I've done 14k miles this year so it will probably take me seven of eight years to catch up, if ever. I wonder if the new TSi could stand a similar mileage? Anyway, happy motoring...

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I've done about 95,000 miles with nothing going wrong.I had to have a repair to the underside but that was when I drove slowly over a tree trunk in a nature reserve car park, it blended in to the soil, so was unseen. One cam belt replaced, same clutch, new front brake disks at 80,000 miles. Not much really. A lovely car, touch wood it will hold up.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Good to know.

I currently have a Twingo 3 TCE but may look to go back to a Mii after it (had a Mii before, hence being on here). My Mii had 42k on it by the time I sold it, and I did have a few concerns about the longevity of the clutch and gearbox (as they're rather noisy) but it seems they're probably unfounded and TADTS.

Now please can VAG hurry up and put the TSI into the Mii and also make an FR version while they're at it!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
TurboTomato said:
Good to know.

I currently have a Twingo 3 TCE but may look to go back to a Mii after it (had a Mii before, hence being on here). My Mii had 42k on it by the time I sold it, and I did have a few concerns about the longevity of the clutch and gearbox (as they're rather noisy) but it seems they're probably unfounded and TADTS.

Now please can VAG hurry up and put the TSI into the Mii and also make an FR version while they're at it!
I am a rather sympathetic driver when it comes to clutches, the result of some advanced driving lessons which removed some of my bad habits. My Ford Ka clutch lasted 160,000 miles until the car was scrapped. Others may have different experiences.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Only do 100 miles a week, so less than 5000 per year which is half my max of 10000.

Personally i prefer to keep the mileage down and its a plus point for a trade in.

Have only done 13,200 so far but nice to hear the little Car can go the distance.

Edited by: SpikeXtreme

·
Registered
12 Posts
Currently on 55,000 km without major issues (just warped discs
), I do 160 km/day so should get close to 85,000km by the end of the year..

·
Registered
12 Posts
NeilZA said:
Currently on 55,000 km without major issues (just warped discs
), I do 160 km/day so should get close to 85,000km by the end of the year..

Hit 100,000 km last week and overall I'm very happy with my little Up! No major issues, it does my daily 140 km without any drama. Only had disc vibrations.. which I believed is now fixed, and a faulty ignition switch which caused some electrical circuits (heated seats and radio) to lose power, luckily this was covered by warranty.

Seeing other feedback here makes me confident that this little car will serve me well for many more kilometers :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was thinking about whether to replace my UP! as its now over 85000 miles and 8 years old (45000 in my 4 years of ownership). Looks like many others are lasting a distance so should be good for a few years yet.

I have replaced the usual consumables - discs, pads, timing belt (once already and about to get a second). So far I have thrown 3832 litres of fuel so a real world 53.3mpg (5.30l/100km).

·
Registered
299 Posts
Yup, get a facelift model, new if you can, they are definitely better. These cars won't be available for too long, and the used ones will be gaining miles... GTi is nice, but also look at Mii or Citigo, both are better looking than basic Up!s IMHO, if that counts for you!

·
Registered
503 Posts
I plan to keep mine for at least 10 years, maybe 15. I've done all the mods I wanted/ needed. Have two sets of wheels (summer/ winter tyres) and, as my garage's are full of old cars, I have already put anti UVA protections in place for headlamps/ dash & cloth interior and ceramic coating for the paintwork. 5yr face lift planned, change the wheels to black, wrap the roof and mirrors, change the strips, buy a cheap plate, a new car !! Hopefully it will all age well

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have looked at used high mileage Ups and what strikes me is that the driver seat almost never show signs of the high mileage, other cheap small cars (KIA, Hyundai) look much more worn and the seams are failing. How are your seats holding up?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have looked at used high mileage Ups and what strikes me is that the driver seat almost never show signs of the high mileage, other cheap small cars (KIA, Hyundai) look much more worn and the seams are failing. How are your seats holding up?
It's sold now but I know the guy who has it and he's using it daily in fact I saw it today he tells me it's just over 175000 and he's getting it serviced. The drivers seat which had 201 different drivers in it (!) was just beginning to show a deformation of the foam on the edge as you enter the car, the cloth was getting a but grubby but was in tact not wear marks at all.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Good to hear, be interested to hear about any BEATS editions, light grey cloth plus alcantara, wonder how that will hold up (scotch guarded mine) 😉

·
Registered
503 Posts
Interesting, it was the main reason I bought it. Most of the cars are just SO DARK inside, whilst the Beats is very bright and airy. I'm lucky, empty nest, even the dogs are gone😢, so, easy to keep it clean, but **** happens 💦🤣

·
Registered
42 Posts
Oh I do like the look of the Beats. I see the car differently from most I suspect. It's a business tool has to earn a living and is subject to a budget for running, repairs, insurance, depreciation against tax etc...It's just a tool to me although I've grown to like them a lot, now if only the accountant would sanction a GTi.....

21 - 39 of 39 Posts