Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One thing I'm not looking forward to on receipt of my Move up! is not having the high quality, leatherstitchedsteering wheels I've got used to in the past on my previous BMWs and Minis. In particular I'm going to miss the chunkyness of my current BMW steering wheel.

Ihappenedto stumble across a leather steering wheel cover in TK Maxx this afternoon which looked Ok and was just £3.99! A little cheap I thought, but they had loads of them and as I know nothing about this kind of car accessory I wondered what you thought of steering wheel covers, and if there was a specific brand you'drecommend. Would be great to know if steering wheels are a standard size and your thoughts on how a cover would fit in the up!

TK Maxx is always a potential gold mine, they also had lots of good quality, generic carpet mats for under a tenner but I am going with the fitted VW ones at £35...

Your thoughts are very welcome!!

·
Registered
315 Posts
upupand away. Why not wait until you see what the quality of your new steering wheel is like. I know I got the Up! White and the quality of the steering wheel is brilliant. (with the flat bottom you always know which way is up!up!andaway too).

·
Registered
277 Posts
If they are not too expensive you might be able to buy the steering wheel from the High up as they are leather.

Edited by: mogwai

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Surely the airbag module (and trim bits) are a direct swap between the wheels.....still worth having a garage do it for safety's sake....what I mean to say is you would just need the rim and say 30 mins labour cost.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts