Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was browsing the VW website earlier and whilst configuring a High Up 75 I was given the option of Bluemotion, which added £360 to the price.

I have just been back on the VW site again and it's now no longer coming up as an engine option for the High Up 75!

The fact that the site added a value when this option was chosen would seem to suggest it's going to be available - perhaps someone was a bit premature in switching it on on the website?!

Has anyone else spotted this?

Also, having now viewed and driven both an Up and Citigo, I felt it may be interesting to share my thoughts. The Up was a High Up 75 and the Skoda an SE 60 (the only model available) - so not exactly like-for-like but an interesting comparison nonetheless.

I think it is interesting for another reason - this is the first time that I can think of where a Skoda model has been so closely related to a VW. Close enough for them to be viewed as direct alternatives.

In terms of engineering both were the same, as you would expect, but it is in the detail where the differences become apparent. For example, it is fairly obvious that the dash covering is more utilitarian in the Skoda, but even the design of the dials is more basic-looking. Also the design of the lights is clearly different, but they also look more basic and not as well finish as on the Up. Another example is the boot floor in the Citigo, which is non-movable throughout the range as far as I can see.

These are not criticisms of the Citigo, but merely to point out that it isn't just an Up with £500 knocked-off the price. The price difference is, in part at least, down to some trimming of costs where parts are specific to the Citigo.

On the other hand, with Greentech (aka Bluemtion)standard on the Citigo Elegance 75, the price differential with a similarly appointed Up grows close to £1,000.

As a driving experience there was very little between them. The Citigo's ride was perhaps not quite as good as the Up, although the Skoda has the lowered (Greentech) suspension. The 75 bhp engine is significantly stronger on the open road and on inclines, but the 60 bhp version is fine in town.

So it's a classic case of paying you money and taking your choice.

Which would I choose? The Skoda ia an excellent car and deserves to do well, but for me it is the attention to detail on the Up that elevates it from being a good car to a great one.

So I think it has to be an Up - roll on the 5 door.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I think a BMT version of the High up! will be available for 2013 MY. I am sure some of our Danish members have that option already.

That is the model I would have liked, a High up! 75 BMT

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's back on the website - so it wasn't my imagination!!

According to my local VW dealer, orders placed now won't arrive until October at the earliest, so perhaps VW are now working to 2013MY already.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Must admit I was a little bit gutted when I saw this on VW's site! Would have definitely gone for the High Up! 75 with BMT if it had been available. Especially as my estimated delivery date is 12th October!! Ah well I'm sure the Move Up! BMT will be jus fine, I'll just keep telling myself it's more economical so the right choice!!,

·
Registered
525 Posts
Wayman said:
Must admit I was a little bit gutted when I saw this on VW's site! Would have definitely gone for the High Up! 75 with BMT if it had been available. Especially as my estimated delivery date is 12th October!! Ah well I'm sure the Move Up! BMT will be jus fine, I'll just keep telling myself it's more economical so the right choice!!,
Wayman, have you tried to change your order? I think it likely that you still could as your delivery date is so far in the future. I changed from a move up to a move up but two weeks ago with build week 25. Certainly worth at least a phone call if that's what you want.

·
Registered
525 Posts
yapmaul said:
Wayman said:
Wayman, have you tried to change your order? I think it likely that you still could as your delivery date is so far in the future. I changed from a move up to a move up but two weeks ago with build week 25. Certainly worth at least a phone call if that's what you want.
I meant move up bmt! Not move up but . . .

·
Registered
677 Posts
AAWWWCCHHHH!!!

I wanted a High Up Bluemotion with the sports pack

*huff*

Oh well, maybe in 3 years time when I'm finished with this Up!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Craig, in 3 yrs you'll want an up gt!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts