Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Congratulations on your new car ,also lovely colour the tornado red ,hope you have lots of happy trouble free miles ,
And welcome to the forum ,
Phill,,

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hi Nigel when you want to find things of interest you just go on top of page ,you will se forum home
Then search forum topics then you will have your private messenger etc ,just go round the forum you will get their ,
I still need to know stuff myself ,most trial and error with me ,every body on here will help you just ask ,you will enjoy like your lovely up well nice to communicate with you and hope you have many miles of fun
Phill

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I think the problem with ASG is that some drivers want to use it as They want - not as ASG should be used. Beevee and other ASG drivers love it as they "heard what ASG wanted them to do".

@ highfup: Congratulations!
I love the tornado red up!s. Habe a black high up! but with a lovely red dash.
Which seats did you choose? My Red Salsa are more comon on red high up!s than on my black one ...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have had my move up asg for just over 1 week and absolutely love driving it, it's taken few days to adjust my driving technique but once I had cracked that it's a dream to drive

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Careful you might make us think that some of the negative comments are unjustified. Someone even went as far as to say that the ASG was a death trap.

·
Super Moderator
1,049 Posts
Hello and welcome

I think the problem with ASG is that people assume its an automatic gearbox, its not, its an automated manual, so you need to adjust your driving style and you'll be fine.....

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I have heard good things about the ASG too... I think that the people who complain want it to be a DSG, but clearly it isn't!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi there,
I feel it's all good really...
I think most if not all of the complaints are from previously manual drivers who expected an automatic with more of a manual feel whereas I had an automatic before and found the transition easy.
Ed

1 - 12 of 12 Posts