Up Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to the forum. Last Friday I placed my order for my High Up! and I am about bursting waiting for it to arrive. It was already in the country so I should get it by middle of next week. Here's the spec:

High Up! BMT 3 door
Deep Black Pearl
Red dash
Sports Pack
Sensor Pack
mud flaps (I always thought they came with cars but now notice quite a lot don't!)

It's great the forum is here, you seem a nice bunch.
And if I run into difficulty I know where to come for help.

BTW, I am a middle aged woman but I suppose boy racer at heart, so at least the car will look the part, as I certainly don't!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hope you like yours as much as we [retired wife and retire me [like ours. Have done 13,000 relatively untroubled miles since last November.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Sounds an exciting colour combination. I have the red dash on my red high up and a black dash on the up black

Yours sounds very sporty

Hope you enjoy the high up as much as I have

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Good choice of colour and specification. I'm sure you will enjoy driving your Up!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi LynnMc

Welcome to the forum! Your car sounds great - especially the Sport Pack. I'm sure you will love it. I've done 12500 miles in mine since March and it hasn't missed a beat.

I would definitely buy another one

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi LynnMc,

Black up! with red dash?
Then you have the Salsa seats???

Look Scuba's 5 door up! (from England):
http://www.upownersclub.co.uk/forum/scubas-new-up_topic5219.html

and my 5 door up! (from Germany):
http://www.upownersclub.co.uk/forum/ordered-a-black-beauty-high-up_topic5101_page2.html

As you have the sports pack, your beige doors might be compared with the black roof lining???
Depends on if your up! is a 2014 up! (built until early May) or a 2015 up! (built from mid of May 2014).

I get a big smile every time I see my black up! with the Salsa seats and the red dash.
If you are in a bad mood on a grey rainy day, just take your car keys and make a drive - it will make you smile! The red dash is really great together with the chrome applications.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Welcome Lynn and congratulations! I'm also waiting (and suffering) for our new High Up! Hope it doesn't make you wait a lot.

Looking forward to some pics!
Cheers!

Edited by: Hambert

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cadfael said:
Hi LynnMc,

Black up! with red dash?
Then you have the Salsa seats???

Look Scuba's 5 door up! (from England):
http://www.upownersclub.co.uk/forum/scubas-new-up_topic5219.html

and my 5 door up! (from Germany):
http://www.upownersclub.co.uk/forum/ordered-a-black-beauty-high-up_topic5101_page2.html

As you have the sports pack, your beige doors might be compared with the black roof lining???
Depends on if your up! is a 2014 up! (built until early May) or a 2015 up! (built from mid of May 2014).

I get a big smile every time I see my black up! with the Salsa seats and the red dash.
If you are in a bad mood on a grey rainy day, just take your car keys and make a drive - it will make you smile! The red dash is really great together with the chrome applications.
thank you very much for your post, and especially the photos. Both you and Scuba's Up! are fantastic. I am not sure what the door colour will be and to be honest when I realised I was getting the light lower dash I wasn't too keen but now I think it looks great!

Still waiting on a delivery date so will have to make do with looking at these photographs until I get mine. Once I take possession I will post my own photos.

And thanks again to everyone who took the time to post a message to me.

·
Registered
333 Posts
HI LYNN MC,

Welcome to the forum, you have picked a lovely pack,you will not be disappointed
with your fabulous choice.Also the UP is the best car VW have ever made
in my opinion.It runs on fresh air, just a fabulous car, big inside, small on the outside.
It drives superb,good luck, hope you have many trouble free miles ,
Regards Phill.....

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
LynnMc said:
... thank you very much for your post, and especially the photos. Both you and Scuba's Up! are fantastic. I am not sure what the door colour will be and to be honest when I realised I was getting the light lower dash I wasn't too keen but now I think it looks great! ...
In the 1970s and 1980s there were cars with beige interior (together with dark brown) ...
Looked ...

Cars for people with old fashioned hats and toilet paper rolls on the back shelf ...

This is a light beige (or dirty white / vintage white). Together with the Salsa seats, red metal dash and the black painting car it looks very "50s vintage style" or like "Italien style at its best" ...

Surely not everyone's taste or main stream (as our black high up!s with red dash are very rare)! After two months I still get a very big grin every time I enter my car - even (or especially) on a rainy morning after a dreadful night ...

As a German, I coppied Scubas photos and "mirrored" them in a graphic program. Otherwise English cars look "strage" to me. If you mirror my photos you get a much better idea of how your car will look like.

Waiting for photos!

Andreas

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Lynne,
I must admit to feeling jealous about how quickly your Up! will arrive. I ordered mine on 24 th June but it's a factory order so I will have to wait until some point at the end if September before I'll be able to collect it from my dealer. That's an awful long time to lurk on the forum before I can properly join in with the fun:(

·
Registered
851 Posts
Don't worry about not owning before posting. Some of the most prolific posters don't ever own an up - although some have the mii or citygo.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Kat said:
Hi Lynne,
I must admit to feeling jealous about how quickly your Up! will arrive. I ordered mine on 24 th June but it's a factory order so I will have to wait until some point at the end if September before I'll be able to collect it from my dealer. That's an awful long time to lurk on the forum before I can properly join in with the fun:(
Hi Katie, I went in looking for a dark blue High up! and since there wasn't one in the country it would have been a factory order and a 3 month wait. I really don't have the patience so the salesman found this Up! and it sounded lovely (and it is, photos to follow) so ordered this instead of waiting 3 months.

The Up! is worth waiting on

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I collected my High Up! yesterday, and wow, what a lovely car. It looks beautiful and drives like a dream, and hard to believe it is so little. It is very spacious up front and doesn't feel like a little car at all. Slowly getting to grips with all the bits and pieces, did feel a bit stupid though when I couldn't get it started. The salesman forgot to mention I need to press the clutch to start her up.

·
Registered
149 Posts
"Hard to believe it is so little".....

You seem to have parked in three spaces in the photo!!!!! Only joking...

Very nice interior. Looks like a nice car.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Welcome to the "Black Salsa" club!

Like all of us you will need some time to find out all the "little extras".
Read the radio manual as there are some extras like the radio volume setting when putting in reverse (music volume can decrease in three steps when putting in reverse). You can also adjust the volume of the M&M navi via the volume knob of the radio. I had to read the manual myself to find out how all this works!

Very hard to see on your photo ...
Do you have a black roof lining because of the Sports Pack?
Scubba and I have the normal Spoke alloys (and black roof lining wasn't available when we ordered our "Black Salsas" ...

Have a lot of fun with your up!
Andreas

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Timii said:
"Hard to believe it is so little".....

You seem to have parked in three spaces in the photo!!!!! Only joking...

Very nice interior. Looks like a nice car.
lol yes, three spaces! I was making sure no-one would open their door onto mine

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cadfael said:
Welcome to the "Black Salsa" club!

Like all of us you will need some time to find out all the "little extras".
Read the radio manual as there are some extras like the radio volume setting when putting in reverse (music volume can decrease in three steps when putting in reverse). You can also adjust the volume of the M&M navi via the volume knob of the radio. I had to read the manual myself to find out how all this works!

Very hard to see on your photo ...
Do you have a black roof lining because of the Sports Pack?
Scubba and I have the normal Spoke alloys (and black roof lining wasn't available when we ordered our "Black Salsas" ...

Have a lot of fun with your up!
Andreas
Yes it has the black roof, which is very nice actually. Loving being in the "Black Salsa" Club
Although we have nick-named the car the batmobile - my partner's name is Robin

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
LynnMc said:
Yes it has the black roof, which is very nice actually.
Loving being in the "Black Salsa" Club
Although we have nick-named the car the batmobile - my partner's name is Robin
THEN you have a "2015" up!

could have been a 2014 because it was already in the UK when you ordered it - but this is 100% a 2015 because of the black roof lining. You shurely also have the tyre control system (and the pressure SET button next to the 12V next to gear stick).

Can't stop loving the "Black Salsa" mix!
A hard contrast, but the red dash, light beige lower and dark grey upper side look great.
Wait for a grey, rainy morning and you will see what the red dash makes with your mood when entering!

Mine is called "Black Beauty" (not after the horse, but after a famous Ludwig snare drum which also has metalic black and chrome) ...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts