Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or do you find it frustrating that VW restrict the colour/interior/dash combinations you
are allowed to choose in a seemingly arbitrary way.

For example you can have a white dash/black cloth combo with Midnight Blue or Tungsten Silver but not if
you choose Red, White or Reflex Silver.

There are plenty of other strange combination restrictions. I can see why they might restrict certain
combinations if they obviously would look bad but can't see the logic in most of their restrictions.

It is also quite frustrating that it is extremely difficult to actually view most of the combinations
in a showroom. Generally they only show the black dash.

Who would be brave enough to order Mayan Blue without seeing one first!

·
Registered
309 Posts
I think white body/white dash is unavailable now because it's a 'pure white' dash to match what was the up! White special, which had 'Pure white' bodywork.

All white ups are now 'Candy white' which must look a bit mismatched with a 'pure white' dash (pure white looks a bit darker/greyer) so presumably that's why you can't have that combo any more.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I always go black because its looks timeless and is the most practical. So I'm never really bothered.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Silver pearl is the most practical from my point of view, because You can't see scratches (like on the black one) and it doesn't reflect the sun as other colors.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My sister in law just ordered the Mayan Blue- without seeing it- she didn't want the red as that's what we have so Mayan Blue was next only other free option.

Hope its nice!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very brave. Hope Mayan Blue looks good. Quite difficult to tell from the configurator which is a bit cartoon like.

I have just ordered the Night Blue/White dash/Anthracite combo - also without seeing one with the
same colours before. I did see the white dash in the Up! White, which looked good.
Too late for me to change my mind now as it now shows a Build Date on the VW order tracking site.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts