Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really not happy

Bought the High Up and received it on Wednesday 11th April 2012 same night faulty Speedo!!!!
doing around 40 mph but it says i'm doing 105mph WTF!!
took it back to the dealer cant get new part till end of May gear change light tells me to chaange from 3rd to 5th doing 38mph??? think its to do with the speedo problem! oh what to do?????

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sorry to hear about the speedo thing. I hope VW get it sorted for you quickly.
As for the gear thing, I agree with David M, all the new VWs are like that, for fuel economy reasons :)
I'm rubbish at listening to it though as it often feels unnatural to be in such a high gear at a low speed

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i know its a fault with the gear change as i didn't explain that it tells you that your also in 5th gear when your actually in 3rd! lolGoing back to VW in the morning as its started to sound like a tractor now!
I reckon i've got a faulty UP and hope they will change it!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Verity said:
Sorry to hear about the speedo thing. I hope VW get it sorted for you quickly.
As for the gear thing, I agree with David M, all the new VWs are like that, for fuel economy reasons :)
I'm rubbish at listening to it though as it often feels unnatural to be in such a high gear at a low speed
Maybe I'm a more 'mature' driver but Iwas taught to drivein the highest gear possible.....very economical

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well I'm 45 and drive to what conditions depict and speed/revs are needed but as I wrote earlier the fault has now been rectified by VW and a new Dash went in, only to cause another problem when the main key they had was re-coded but the second key wasn't so immobilised the car!!! lolThey came out to recoce the key but couldn't because they need the VW server for security! DOH! so came out 8:30 am next morning to do it.
Hope nothing more goes wrong, I don't need this stress!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
glad they sorted it out for you, shame the key faults occured, good they came out so quick for you tho!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Glad to hear its all sorted, and they were quick about fixing the key problem too!!

ZumbaQueen said:
Maybe I'm a more 'mature' driver but I was taught to drive in the highest gear possible.....very economical
I was taught 0-10 1st, 10-20 = 2nd, 20-30 = 3rd and so on
Of course as you start to get experience after passing youre test, you find what feels right gear wise. So I'll normally be in 4th around 33mph and so on. It can depend on your torque curve. If I tried to be in a higher gear, doing a low speed ( like what newer VWs want ) my car wouldnt like, and begin lugging, and a distinct lack of control.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts