Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All

I had my VW High UP serviced at a VW main dealer service centre last week. Yesterday I noticed oil had dripped on to my driveway underneath the front passenger of the car. I looked underneath and I can see evidence of oil coming from the very front of the car right underneath the radiator.

I'm wondering if anyone knows if the UP has an oil cooler at the front of the car near the radiator? If so I suspect this is where the leak is coming from. I can't contact the VW service centre until Tuesday. Should I stop using car until I can get it back to VW?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
If it's clean oil, likely to be a spill from the oil change / fill up. If it's dirty, then continue looking for a leak, but I don't think there's a cooler in that location.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's clean oil. Come to think of it they did change the brake fluid on the service. Maybe they spilled it bleeding the nearside front brake. I'm going to call them next week and get them to take a look.

·
Registered
926 Posts
If just serviced, the oil will be clean oil, wherever it comes from. Assuming you are certain it's engine oil!

Run your hand around the oil filter to check it's clean and dry - it may not be 100% tight.

And feel around the brake fluid reservoir - although that's a long way from the radiator...

·
Registered
286 Posts
Check the sump bolt has been tightened properly!

Once had a Saxo VTS serviced at main dealer and they didn't. Dumped all the oil on the drive overnight!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts