Up Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Been following this forum for a couple of weeks and have decided to sign up and contribute! Can just say that you get a real buzz for this car after reading some of your posts! Right anyways been with Toyota 7 years had 3 cars from them, currently have an IQ and have had 2 Aygos (love small cars) I have found the IQ a underrated little gem yes it's not the most practical car but it is a quality little car that is a pleasure to drive. My 3 year PCP is due on it and i was looking at a white one as the finish to the interior is a lot better in the new models. To cut a long story short Toyota haven't been offering me anything close to a realistic deal on a new one, they instead are trying to get me into a Yaris which I don't want or need all that space! So after hearing all the positive reviews on the up! And doing plenty of research I decided to take a test drive. I was impressed and decided on a high up white with sport, sound and leather look packs! Got a good offer on a part exchange just got the 13 week wait.

My question is has anyone else got expireance with the up! And IQ and how they compare? I'm still very happy with the IQ but am ready for a change and just hope I've made a good choice. any thoughts/feedback? Is the quality of the up! Comparable? Most magazines seem to be pitching the up! against the aygo/ picanto but out of expireance the feel of the IQ is a class or 2 above the Aygo is the up! The same?

Ps does anyone have a pic of corn silk interior with pearl black dash and leather look seats can't for the life of me find one! Is it a strange combo haha

Sorry for the long first post but had a lot get out there haha cheers!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum!

unfortunatly ive never been in an iQ, so i cant compare the two, I also havent seen any photos of the dash combo you explained either, so cant help with that either! sorry!

maybe one of the other members can help you :)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Welcome, wez_kc

Interesting questions... I hope someone on here can comment on the IQ. I do like the looks of it, but haven't driven one. It looks a little wide, which is an issue around where I live, with the narrow lanes and parked cars...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Willowaz thanks for the welcome! I must have ordered quite a unique up! so will post pics when it eventually comes! But I'm sure someone will beat me too it haha hi move up! I better not talk about the IQ too much on an up! User Forum haha all I'll say as the up! Appealed to me with the funky modern look which echos the look and feel of how I felt when I first saw the IQ but it is a lot more practical been a proper four seater and has an actual boot! I'm just hoping the fit and finish and general feel of the car is a bit special for the class and not just good if you get me?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Never driven the IQ and not seen many on the road but looks a good car. Perhaps someone on here has the experience of both.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
See that's another thing! Had the IQ 3 years and must have seen about 20 on the road in all that time! A very rare thing for a generally well reviewed 11k car. I must say makes me feel I bit unique on the road where as this car is the next fiat 500/ mini. Not a bad thing of course but you all know what I mean.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi wez_kc and welcome.
I cant comment on the IQ but I do have a black dash with cornsilk interior. I ordered the red but it was built wrong - they will swap it in a few weeks though. It looks okay but I am set on getting my red one! I will try and take some photos of it tomorrow.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That would be great! Wanted the white dash with anthracite at first but isn't available with candy white. Bit annoying when I've specced my high up to more cost then the white edition. Which I only did because I wasn't struck on the whites alloys haha makes me dizzy thinking of all the combinations and what you can't have on different grades haha anyways was going to go silver dash and anthracite but changed order to the black and corn silk thinking it will make the interior light and airy where as my IQ has a gloomy browny
/ purple interior which hasn't aged well and makes the interior very dull. Hope I've made a good choice.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gaveup am I right in thinking you have a red exterior is that why your not fussed on the black? I'm hoping the black will look good with light interior and white exterior as a contrast?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi wez_kc. Yes I have a red car and ordered a red dash but they fitted a black one. I have took a few pictures on my phone - hope it gives you some idea on how yours will look!!

·
Registered
553 Posts
I quite like that black dash but like you we ordered the red dash & that's what I hope ours comes with!

Can't believe you ordered 03/03 and you got build week 15!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cheers Gaveup! I agree the red dash will look so much better on your car, but I'm very happy with the black and corn silk and think it will suit my candy white to a tee! Thanks again have to say you all seem a lot friendlier then the folks on the Toyota forums! Some thing tells me I'm not gonna regret the switch

·
Registered
44 Posts
I looked at the IQ after the up! to compare. The IQ seems like much less value for money and it's funky cabin is fun but seems a little tacky and not as well made when compared to the up!s clean and solid interior.

I didn't drive the IQ so can't compare this side of things. It's an admirable little car and I would've snapped one up three years a go, but I think the up! beats it now.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I am sure yours will be fine M5 - I was the one out of how every many to go wrong!! But they will fix it. Had her for almost aweek now and I can assure you that you wont be disapponted with anything!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks techwork for the feedback! The up! Does look a lot better value for money I think that's where Toyota went wrong to expensive.

·
Registered
956 Posts
M5 SUT said:
I quite like that black dash but like you we ordered the red dash & that's what I hope ours comes with!

Can't believe you ordered 03/03 and you got build week 15!

Crikey, you've really been unlucky with your build week, I don't know how you've stood the wait. Hope you get yours before end of June.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought a pre-reg Aygo which had been on the garage forecourt for a while, and the next day realised that the back footwells were full of water. Garage (reluctantly)took it back and I test drove an IQ for afew days. I loved the looks, and it felt great to sit in, but I must say that I hated the drive - I found it really bumpy (clearly the roads are pretty bad where I live, and there are lots of speed bumps!), and it even made me feel a bit car-sick while driving! One of the reviews I read on the IQ said "great car, but deeply flawed" which summed it up for me. I have now had my High Up for 10 days and absolutely love it; feels fantastic to drive, much better quality than the Aygo (eg whose handbrake felt very flimsy). I had to wait for the Maps & More so that is being fitted next week, but I can highly recommend the Up to anyone interested. My teenage children say that the back is spacious and comfortable (though can be a bit noisy).

Minor annoyances- I wish that the boot cover lifted up when you open the boot, but it doesn't attach to the boot, so you have to hold it up when putting anything in. Also, when you are in driver seat, and passenger seat is forward, you can't just push it back with your arm eg when someone has got out from the back, you have to use the lever. I find it a bit thrummy on the little motorway driving I have done so far- feels better closer to 60 than to 70 mph (revs around 3 by then), I keep wanting to go into 6th gear.
Overall though, it really is a fantastic car, and I recommend it unreservedly.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cheers thanks for the feedback! Think I've made the right choice just the wait now feels like its taking forever !

1 - 19 of 19 Posts