Up Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, ordered a high up! (with sunroof, leather look bla bla) to replace my current vehicle

Bit of a difference i know but as im only 20 and moving jobs i need a car that averages more than 14mpg and costs less than £2200 a year to insure, hence the UP!

Im very excited but will have to get used to less power :(

Air ride is a possibility with the UP! but i don't want to say too much just yet.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Mx5 is a great wee car but at 6'3" I never fitted! Welcome to the asylum!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Welcome! I'm moving from a mini cooper cabrio, loved everything about the up! on the test drive. As bonus it will be more economical, cheaper to tax and more importantly cheaper to insure. Best of luck with the new motor :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sort of coincidence! My partner has an MX5 (20th Anniversary Edition) I had a Mini Cooper Cab with the Auto gearbox. nearly 7 years old.
I collected my High Up last Tuesday and so far I have been driving around probably with a stupid grin on my face. I have the panoramic roof so I do not miss the open air experience so much and I certainly do not miss the auto box. The Up box is a dream. The car takes to the hills here in Holmfirth with relative ease although my partner says he can hear the engine "farting" when I am in too hig h a gear. As I am deafish it does not bother me.
Nice car and I know it was a good decision to buy it. I have ordered the premium carpets (not VW) and now want to find a set of sill trims (again not VW).
Off to a Shell petrol station in Huddersfield later. I want to treat the engine with care.
Regards from LOTSW
Barry

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I moved from an EOS which was amazing! Really looking forward to getting the UP Though!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Look forward to seeing some pics in due course! :)

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I've wanted an MX5 for ages, and even though I could buy a new one, I cannot justify the outlay, and the fuel costs, plus little luggage space. The Up can make some nice engine noises if you rev it, close your eyes and think you are in something more sporty, errr, no don't close your eyes.
I still find it surprising that everyone has a car almost from birth. I was 35 when I passed my test.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, and its pretty sporty, its the jap import so it has 115 bhp standard (mine is about 125) limited slip diff, had bilstein shocks (s-limited model 1 of 1000 so has red leather interior) and the cost of the car isnt bad its up for £1400 with 2 sets of alloy wheels etc. And i worked hard to get my licence, had 6 lessons and passed in 7 weeks of turning 17. I also worked my ass off to buy my first car (1969 vw beetle) and my second (1981 mini) which i swapped the auto engine/gearbox out for a manual all myself and i now work even harder to pay for the mx5 and the UP! Hope you all don't think this is funded by mummy and daddy because i work about 70 hours a week.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. Sounds like you've really got your head screwed on and it's great to see someone so young who's prepared to put in some serious graft to get what you want. Good for you

Look forward to seeing your pics (eventually) and hearing what you think of the car once you've been driving it a while.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
I don't care what anyone says, there is something special about being the first owner of a car and all the better knowing you've worked hard for it.......Enjoy, you deserve it

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
<div style="margin-left: 2px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; -: none; : rgb255, 255, 255; ">
clowesa said:
Hi and welcome to the forum. Sounds like you've really got your head screwed on and it's great to see someone so young who's prepared to put in some serious graft to get what you want. Good for you

Look forward to seeing your pics (eventually) and hearing what you think of the car once you've been driving it a while.
<div style="margin-left: 2px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; -: none; : rgb255, 255, 255; ">

<div style="margin-left: 2px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; -: none; : rgb255, 255, 255; ">Thanks, really means a lot! especially when i get a lot of comments like "mummy and daddy funding that?" and then i show them all my work uniforms haha!

Privatedoc said:
I don't care what anyone says, there is something special about being the first owner of a car and all the better knowing you've worked hard for it.......Enjoy, you deserve it

Could not agree more, thanks a lot :)

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
:)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Stafford said:
Thanks, and its pretty sporty, its the jap import so it has 115 bhp standard (mine is about 125) limited slip diff, had bilstein shocks (s-limited model 1 of 1000 so has red leather interior) and the cost of the car isnt bad its up for £1400 with 2 sets of alloy wheels etc. And i worked hard to get my licence, had 6 lessons and passed in 7 weeks of turning 17. I also worked my ass off to buy my first car (1969 vw beetle) and my second (1981 mini) which i swapped the auto engine/gearbox out for a manual all myself and i now work even harder to pay for the mx5 and the UP! Hope you all don't think this is funded by mummy and daddy because i work about 70 hours a week.

The car is beautiful! We have one parked outside on the drive too, its the Eunos Roadster Nardi Torino so it's a Jap import too! Not too sure what Jordan has done with it but ours has cream leather interior and is lowered to the point of constant scraping! I like you're taste in cars, I'm VERY jealous lol!

Hope you love the Up! they are a beautiful little car and I hope it lives up to your high standards!!

P.S - I know what you mean about the mummy and daddy thing, I'm now 21 and still get that so good on you..

Edited by: FreyaMx

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
FreyaMx said:
Stafford said:

The car is beautiful! We have one parked outside on the drive too, its the Eunos Roadster Nardi Torino so it's a Jap import too! Not too sure what Jordan has done with it but ours has cream leather interior and is lowered to the point of constant scraping! I like you're taste in cars, I'm VERY jealous lol!

Hope you love the Up! they are a beautiful little car and I hope it lives up to your high standards!!

P.S - I know what you mean about the mummy and daddy thing, I'm now 21 and still get that so good on you..

Haha thanks dude! Would love to see some pics of the Eunos!

Leif said:
Stafford said:
Hope you all don't think this is funded by mummy and daddy because i work about 70 hours a week.
I must admit I wish I'd had a rich mummy and daddy.
Enjoy the car. And don't forget to take some time not working so you can drive the car.

<div style="margin-left: 2px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; -: none; : rgb255, 255, 255; ">haha I wouldn't mind but i wouldn't expect any more! And intend to drop to just one full time job and progress with them :) have some time to enjoy the car! Thats the problem with the mazda, i only drive it to and from jobs, never have fun in it :( well... unless its raining and im near a roundabout

·
Registered
303 Posts
14mpg? my NB gets at least 35-48mpg. if it had air-con I probably wouldnt have gotten the up as a second car.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts