Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Ideally would have had my Up for the new plate, had a couple of test drives and loved it but I especially wanted to drive the new Aygo and Twingo before ordering just to be sure.

So...

3dr High Up 75 BMT in black, with sensor pack, sports pack, premium mats and 2 years servicing. Very happy with the discount I got (good to see half decent discounts available on the Up now) so all sorted bar the waiting.

Dealer estimated beginning of November collection but could be week or so earlier or later so not that bad.

Having always driven small cars and loved them this was my natural choice, and great that it actually IS small :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi, youve picked a very nice spec there. Waitings the hardest part lol. This is a great site for information until you get your up! .

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi UMC and welcome to our forum!

I have a black high up! too - but a 5 door with standard Spoke alloys (as I like them best).

Very good choice indeed!

You will see that the sensor pack (I always write "drive pack" because this is the German name) is much more than a cruise control (which I often use in "20 mph zones").

I think beginning of November is much too optimistic ...

As far as I know 12 weeks (or more) are normal in Germany and the UK at the moment ...

You can shorten your waiting by buying a 32GB Class microSD card and copy up to 5000 favorite songs ...

I mostly use my "favorite CD" (selfmade Rock'n'Roll compilation) but I have loads of songs on my M&M. No problem if I want to switch over to Beethoven or the "Little Shop of Horror" musical ...

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dealer said mid November at very latest so even that would only be 9 weeks from now, and maybe less, so perhaps they've got a lull in orders after the new plate or something?

Yes, I have a couple of micro SD cards kicking around haven't used them for years since everything has moved to USB or bluetooth so at least one of them will get some use :)

How is the cruise control actually set? The demo car didn't have sensor pack and cruise is normally on steering wheel, I guess it's on one of the stalks somehow? Talking of which, steering wheel music control is probably the one missing feature that I would have liked to have seen on the up. Pretty standard nowadays to have this, even in this category of car.

Edited by: upmancotswolds

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Look for the Skoda Citigo pdf manual on the internet.
It is on the Skoda website (or use search engine) ...
Not everything is the same on up! and Citigo, but most things ...

The manual shows you how the sensor pack works.
Cruise control is turned on at the left indicator control. It turns off using the clutch.

Look if you have a Class10 microSD card.
As far as I know these all work without problems.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Welcome Upmancotswolds to the foum and what a good choice of car you have picked there. Did you go with the black dash? Both Cadfael and myself have the black Up! with the red dash, which is striking!

I've not used cruise control yet but will be tomorrow for the long drive south. So tonight I will need to have another look through the manual to check how it all works.

Good luck with the wait, it will be worth it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I too have a 3 door black high Up!, love it, it looks really smart. The Cruise Control is pretty straight forward as Cadfael said above. It's on the left stalk and sets at the push of a button, you also get a light on dash to indicate it's on. You can adjust speed up and down as you cruise with the buttons on the end of the stalk and as with most cars Cruise Control cancels as soon as you brake, change gear etc.
The parking sensors that come with the sensor pack work great with the M&M display, you get a graphic on screen with bars showing how close you are to the wall etc. The part of the sensor pack that I don't think is highlighted that clearly is the addition of the multifunction computer in the little orange display below the speedo. It's very similar to the information that you get on the M&M, eg speed, MPG, averages, clock, trip computer. Really handy to have, especially if you don't have M&M plugged in all the time.
As far as steering wheel mounted controls for the stereo, I did initially miss them as our old Pug 206 had them mounted on stalks. However, I love the look of the Up! steering wheel, it's sporty, smart and not cluttered with buttons like other cars.
You'll love your new car!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for comments guys, and info about the sensor pack. I went for the standard black dash and the standard 'polka' seats. I like piano black style so it was an easy choice.

Will be first car with stop/start as well, makes sense for me as most of my trips are short town ones with traffic.

My dealer is going to send me a tracking number of some kind soon so I will be able to see how my order is progressing.Edited by: upmancotswolds

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cadfael said:
Hi UMC and welcome to our forum!

You can shorten your waiting by buying a 32GB Class microSD card and copy up to 5000 favorite songs ...

And flash memory is just soooo cheap now - decent brands 32GB microSDs available for around a tenner now :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
We have a black 5 door BMT high up, looks quite posh in a funny way for a smaller car if you know what I mean.we are absolutely amazed how good it is. think the start - stop should really be standard across the range though. Only thing we think VW should fit is curtain air bags, vw a little behind on this point compared to other cars .

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
You have to wait till warm up ...
3-4 miles might be too short to really use it.

I did not order a BMT as I often drive 2 miles (to work) ...
Start/stop saves fuel, but it stresses the battery and the starter. If you have too much start/stop and not enough miles, you might not benefit. The BMT has a different battery (and some extra options). I think you need the right mixture of for BMT. Then it's best.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There's quite a lot of traffic on my journeys though, so I'm sure it will get some use and save fuel (and tax, here in the UK) even if have to wait for warm up. It seemed to make more sense for me with my journeys so I thought better to have it than not :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Looks like you ordered a few days before me and I've been given a build date of 10th October so i might get mind in Nov [I was told likely to be mid-December though!]

What are peoples experiences with approx. times from build week to driving away from the dealer?

·
Registered
109 Posts
My stop start works after about a mile from home. Easy to get used to. Only ever turned it off a couple of times in queues were it was stop start for ages. Its great at traffic lights knowing your saving fuel. " every little helps " lol

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
My up! was built end of april and it needed one month to get it ...

Don't know it UK up!s are brought to Wolfsburg too?
Mine was brought to Wolfsburg and then "back" to Dortmund (more South / nearer to Bratislava).
Maybe all "West European" up!s are brought to Wolfsburg first by train and get a first "qaulity overlook". Then they are brought to the dealers / countries / ferry ports.

If your up! are built early/mid October, you should receive them mid/late November ...
Interesting that it goes so fast because 12-16 weeks were said about two weeks ago ...

·
Registered
87 Posts
I was told 2 weeks ago that Mid Dec would be on the cards - Mid November would be peachy, sounds like the OP is on a similar time frame.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts