Up Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a test drive last Saturday and ordered on Sunday. It is replacing an 8 year old MINI Cooper Auto convertible which I threw everything at. With petrol going on towards £2/litre in the next 18 months (remember it goes up 3.6p/litre in August courtesy of Mr Osborne) I had to cut costs.
I have gone for the High UP in Red with a Red/Cornsilk interior. It should give an illusion of a larger interior!
The extras are a 3 year servicing, spare wheel, mats and the Cruise Control etc. pack. I did think of the Sound Pack but decided against it. Delivery is June/July. I will miss the Auto but not the soft top as our other car is an MX5.
The only VW I have ever had was a Passat Estate as a company car.
T
I like the concept of the UP.
Just a thought, one of the first things I will do when I have the car is to install sound/vibration material under the bonnet lid. It will/should make a difference to the sound inside the car.
Regards,
Barry (Hope it can cope with hills around here in "Last of the Summer Wine" country)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Welcome, Barry! Nice one! I'm sure you'll be happy with the car. They're light and so the power output is fine. Use the revs a bit and they fly!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Another ex MINI owner, welcome! I think the up! will attract alot of owners with older MINI's as it makes sense as a purchase compared to a new MINI that has arguably lost some of the appeal by being owner by every one and his aunt!! Good choice and don't forget to cast you vote for model and colour choice.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Hi Barry,

I've ordered the same
, but did go for the extra speakers.

Have you seen the red/cornsilk dash in the showroom?

I selectedbased on the website images, but am wondering what it will look like in the flesh..

Alex.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Alex
No, I haven't seen the Red/Cornsilk anywhere. Its just that IMO the interior is too gloomy with all the black & anthracite options. Interesting I have just 'phoned the dealer and have added the speaker pack. I'm an idiot. However as am suffer from age related deafness I thought the extra speakers would help the deafness along!
Has anyone complained about the High UP wheels? All those spokes. A nightmare to clean. The standard alloys on the Move UP are nicer but not an option on the High.
Barry

·
Registered
228 Posts
There are good pictures ofall theinteriors on the VW Germany configurator website.

To be honest, I changed our spec on seeing the pictures on the VW Germany site, just a little too light under dash level for my own personal taste.

I agree with the High up! wheels, although the (cost additional) onesfor the Move up! are not an option, they do look nice.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I thinkthe £100 ismoney well spentfor the four additional speakers.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hi Barry welcome to the club :). Nice choice of car. Think the sound pack is a good choice to have. Good value I think.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hi Barry!

There was a centre spread of the High UP! with the exact colour interior in the Sunday Times and a review by J.C.

We have gone for this combo as well ! we had a New Beetle with a cream interior and it really does lift the look compared with a dark interior.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
Hi Barry! welcome to the club!

i too have ordered the red high up! with red/cornsilk and red/polka! i got wheel, sound, sunroof options tho, my delivery estimate from my dealer was june/july too

i too would like to see some sunroof pics whoever gets one first....

·
Registered
553 Posts
willowaz said:
Hi Barry! welcome to the club!

i too have ordered the red high up! with red/cornsilk and red/polka! i got wheel, sound, sunroof options tho, my delivery estimate from my dealer was june/july too

i too would like to see some sunroof pics whoever gets one first....
Sounds like you've gone for the Buddist option!

on another note I think I read somewhere you are to late to go through the drive the deal thingy?
I heard about this after I'd ordered but when I e-mailed details of it to my sales chap I managed to get some logo'd mats thrown in!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I know what you mean about the wheel spokes... I have a brand new wheel brush all ready and waiting.. I hope that will help keep them clean. I must admit that I also preferred the move up alloys. The other options for the high up we're too much extra for me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts